[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 03:00:33 UTC 2017

Tomorrow : December 14, 2017  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Get your great Ever Crisp, Crimson Crisp, Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious,
Cameo, Ginger Gold,  Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Nittany, York apples & Asia
 Pear; free range hen eggs; Spaghetti & Butternut squash, onions, Brussels
sprouts, green & red boar kale, yellow onions; some peppers, hot; potatoes,
arugula & salad mix; winter squash,  sweet potatoes, swiss chard,
microgreens and other crops while they last.  Apples, fresh and hard cider,
apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic
mushrooms, free range hen & duck eggs,  and more while we enjoy the
changing seasons. Don't miss it! Evening hours are fun at the market! We
look forward to seeing you every Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s
Town Center (across from the Riverdale MARC train station).

Here’s a great treat for the season: fried apples
<http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/fried-apples-recipe0-1954407> using
available ingredients from McCleaf’s Orchard & Blades Orchard.

WEATHER: High 41, Mostly sunny and windy(according to Accuweather).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   <https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Blades Orchard
   <https://business.facebook.com/Bladesorchard/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard <http://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>
   -

   ECO City Farms <http://www.ecoffshoots.org/>
   -

   San Giovanni’s Market Garden - Microgreens
   -

   King Mushrooms <https://www.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/>
   -

   Christmas Tree Village - Fresh off the farm
   -

   Dimitri Olive Oil <http://dimitriolivefarms.com/>
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   <https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   Major Flavors Seasonings
   -

   El Piquin <https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-piquin-essex> (Mexican food)
   -

   Roy & RT’s Kitchen & Garden <https://www.facebook.com/royandrt/> (Continued
   support makes it work).

Music Acts: (Sorry no music when it’s cold).

Kid Fun: Sidewalk chalk

ECO City Farms <https://business.facebook.com/ECOCityFarms/?fref=mentions>
is back!

After a short hiatus from our CSA program and the Riverdale Farmers Market,
ECO City Farms is back and better than ever! In three short months the
staff at ECO have applied over eight hundred wheelbarrows of compost (more
than doubling the growing space at the Edmonston farm), built a new mobile
greenhouse for our Bladensburg farm, renovated our kitchen and processing
facility, and have nearly completed the construction of our on-site
classroom/community center. We look forward to seeing you and all of your
friends and neighbors at our local market this Thursday!

Groff''s Content Farm offers great quality sustainably raised beef, pork,
chicken and lamb and is featuring their amazing Chicken Pot Pie on their
ready to warm up menu.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week on SNAP purchases.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options.

One local business per week will be offered a slot at the farmers market to
offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer for $28 per week. We
suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested, please contact us.

Prince George’s County Health Department is finished with WIC vouchers for
the 2017 season.

Coming Attractions:

Winter is coming and so is the Winter Market. As far as we know, we’re
outside until the 14th of December. We will be open Thursdays, 3 to 7 PM
from December 14th, 21st, 28th, January 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, February
1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, March 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th.

Festival of Lights & Holiday Market will be on this Saturday, December 16th
from Noon to 8 PM. Music venue will be @ the Archie Edwards Blues Heritage
Foundation building.

Vendor Name-Description

Denise Marie Painting-Various Media

Lemoni's Hats-Hand knitted hats & accessories

A Little Pottery-Asian style pottery

Delia Michajluk - Artist-Various Media

Eric Leland Manufactory-Custom stationary, etc.

Godet Woodworking-Woodworking

While Waiting Jewelry-Recycled Jewelry

Glass by Dave-Stained & Fused Glass

Pat Doyen Photography-Photo based gifts

Mystic Water Soap-Artisan Soaps

Profusions of Glass-Fused Glass Jewelry & Objects

Becky Williams-Knit goods

Stone Hearth Bakery-Artisan bakery

Zeke's Coffee of DC-Small batch roasted coffees

Major Flavors Seasonings-Artisan spice blends

Dimitri Olive Oil-Olive oil & olive products

El Piquin-Mexican food

Bramble Baking Company-Pies, cookies & Gift boxes

Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden-Homemade soups & other food straight from the
garden

Twin Valley Distillers-Artisan Spirits

Christmas Tree Village-Fresh off the farm

Afghan Imports

Aunt Emily's Doll House

Music Schedule:

12-12:45 PM Jess & Jim

1-1:45 PM Jambassadors

2-2:45 PM Rhex Jazz

3-3:45 PM Janine Wilson <http://www.janinewilsonband.com/>

4-4:45 PM Elena Lacayo <https://www.elenalosfulanos.com/>

5-5:45 PM WILD ANACOSTIAS! <https://www.facebook.com/wildanacostias/>

6-6:45 PM Miles Spicer & Friends

7-7:45 PM Moosejaw <https://www.moosejawbluegrass.com/>

Activities include: Eight hours of live musicians, all day unique craft
shopping, Santa visits from 2 to 5 PM, and Singing trolleys through the
neighborhood from 530PM to 8PM including the Riversdale House Museum.