[RP TownTalk] Route 1 Fun Weekend

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 18:07:15 UTC 2017

Hyattsville Aging in Place multi-generational Valentine crafting event at City Hall Saturday morning, as well the Hyattsville Horticultural Society's 8th Annual Seed Sale and Garden Fair at City Hall, 10-4.  The HHS Seed Sale will have seeds from two vendors (selected by our gardeners for our locale and local interests), experts to answer questions, soups and savories for lunch, coffee and sweets, bake sale, loads of used gardening books, and used flower pots.  Robert Harper Books has multiple events scheduled tonight and during the next several weeks.

Hyattsville Aging in Place (HAP) is hosting our 3rd annual free, all ages welcomeValentine Making Party on Saturday, February 4th between 10am to 12pm at the Hyattsville Municipal Building, 4310 Gallatin Street.

We will provide a wide variety of art and craft supplies, fabrics, and other materials for you to get creative with and make Valentines for your loved ones and for our neighborhood seniors. Last year you created, and HAP delivered, 100 hand-made Valentine cards to our senior neighbors and volunteers! Plus, there will be music and we'll have instant photos so you can personalize your Valentine (and some fun dress up options as well)!

This is a great opportunity to strengthen the inter-generational ties in our community and to spread some creative kindness! If you have a senior neighbor you have been helping, or if there is a neighbor you have been wanting to get to know better, we encourage you to invite them along. This could be a fun way to spend some time together.

Please join us at any time during the event, and we look forward to seeing many old ? and new ? friends.

Hyattsville Aging in Place (HAP) is an all-volunteer nonprofit working toward an age-friendly community.
Questions? Call: 301-887-3101 or Email: hapcares at gmail.com

   & Southern Exposure Seed Exchange  Come join us! DATE:!  Saturday, February 4, 2017 ! WHERE:!  Municipal Building  4310 Gallatin St., Hyattsville, MD  Mary Prangley Room (2nd floor) ! TIME:! 10:00 am - 4:00 pSeeds  & Southern Exposure Seed Exchange  Come join us! DATE:!  Saturday, February 4, 2017 ! WHERE:!  Municipal Building  4310 Gallatin St., Hyattsville, MD  Mary Prangley Room (2nd floor) ! TIME:! 10:00 am - 4:00 p