[RP TownTalk] Sweet Treats & String Quartets at Riversdale

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Tue Feb 28 22:24:49 UTC 2017

Hello, hello!

I hope you are all enjoying this little burst of spring weather! Riversdale has two lovely programs coming up in the beginning of March and we'd love it if you could join us!

Riversdale's Chamber Music Society offers the first treat of the month this Sunday, March 5, 2:30 pm and is presented in conjunction with UMD's School of Music and the US Army String Quartet. Now in its fourth season, the chamber concert program has become one of our most popular recurring events and performances are FREE. Sunday's concert interprets the theme of Styles and you are invited to stay for a post-concert reception and enjoy some sips and nibbles while mingling with the musicians. This is a walk-in program and seating is first come, first served.

Tasting the Past: Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth on Saturday, March 11, 1:30 pm invites you to indulge in a bit of a sugar rush! Foodways historian Joyce White shares the history of sugar - from its medicinal uses (when a spoonful of sugar really WAS the medicine!) to the tasty treats and recipes it's used in today. If it were up to us, we'd love to say that calories don't count if you're learning something! We have a number of spaces left and the registration deadline has been extended to Wednesday, March 8. The cost is $12 for Prince George's & Montgomery Counties and $16 for non-residents friends. Please call us at 301.864.0420 and we'd be happy to sign you up!

Feel free to check out our full 6 month calendar here, http://bit.ly/2m4vMid.
Social Media fiends, find us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum/> & follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/Riversdale1801>, too!

We'll see you soon!

Cheers,
Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> | history.pgparks.com<http://history.pgparks.com/sites_and_museums/Riversdale_House_Museum.htm>
301.864.0420 | fax 301.927.3498
Like us on Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum> | Sign up for Riversdale's e-list!<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481> | View Our Calendar of Events<http://bit.ly/1Tp1iR7>