[RP TownTalk] Updates for fellow Women's Marchers

erika wilson erikawilson at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:48:47 UTC 2017

Fellow Women's Marchers

If you plan to join Not On Our Watch and your neighbors from Riverdale, Hyattsville, Mt. Rainier, and University Park at the Women's March on Washington this Saturday, we encourage you to check the Woman's March website<https://www.womensmarch.com/>, local news sites, and our Facebook page for continually updated information. Please note that even if you're not on Facebook, you can still access details about the Not On Our Watch group heading downtown through this link: https://www.facebook.com/notonourwatchhq/. The Facebook page includes info on multiple meeting locations throughout the day, helpful maps, advice, and other important news.

Here is a great article <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/01/18/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-womens-march-on-washington/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_womens-march-8a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.16c535217418> that provides important information on what you can bring to the Women's March, and details about parking, transportation, etc. Note that sticks on signs are prohibited and backpacks must be smaller than 8" x 6" x 4". The official Women's March website also has an agenda and speaker list.

If you plan to join Not On Our Watch, please wear a red bandana or red fabric around your arm so we can identify folks from our community.

Also a reminder that Joe's Movement Emporium in Mt. Rainier is sponsoring a Resilience Ball (including a sign-making workshop, speakers, live music, activities for kids, etc.) on Friday night, January 20. See link for more info and to purchase tickets (donated to local non-profits):https://joesmovement.secure.force.com/ticket/#sections_a032A00000LljoTQAR

Please contact me with any questions. Thanks and hope to see you on Saturday morning!

In solidarity,

Erika Wilson

<https://www.facebook.com/notonourwatchhq/>