[RP TownTalk] Weekly Specials- Thursday, Jan. 26 - Winter's coming back

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 03:57:48 UTC 2017

Tomorrow : January 19, 2016  3 - 7PM
@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale
MARC station)
Get your great apples, winter squash,  spicy mix, spring
mix and arugula, multiple sweet potato varieties,  and other Fall
crops while they last. Also chard, sweet potatoes, garlic, onions,
apples, fresh and hard cider, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh
goat cheese,  beef jerky, free range hen eggs (limited supply), fresh
small batch roasted coffees and more while we enjoy the Fall. Don't
miss it!

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to
seeing you every Thursday from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale Park Town
Center, rain or shine.

WEATHER: High 43 and gusty. Don't worry
we'll be indoors this week.
Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:
Groff's Content Farm
Blades Orchard
King Mushrooms
Oksana's Produce Farm
Zeke's Coffee of DC
Dimitri Olive Oil
I confect
Stone Hearth Bakery
El Taco Loco
Roy & RT's Garden
Music Act: Mile Elosh

Kid fun: Crayons & Paper!
Feature News: Oksana's Produce Farm is our new Winter Market vendor.
Next week we'll have Cat's Paw Farm back from their Cancun vacation
and AlaskaWild Seafood will be back for their monthly Appearance.
Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week match on WIC
Fruit and Vegetable Checks & SNAP purchases.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement
our food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot
at the farmers market to offer services and goods that the market
doesn't offer for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If
you're interested, please contact us.

Our music entertainer this week
will be: Mike Elosh..

Coming Attractions: AlaskaWild Seafoods is making their only
appearance next month on Thursday, February 2. Stop by and check us
out, we will be there rain or shine!
We're indoors from this Thursday
through March 30 with our neighbors, friends, and vendors.
Important Notices:
Save the Date:
Winter Market is here! From Now to March 30 from 3 to 7 PM Thursdays.
- Need volunteers to help decorate, design temporary interiors, etc.
Please contact if interested.
Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations,
dogs are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had
too many incidents.
Important note about parking: only parallel
parking is allowed on Maryland Ave (the road that passes under
East-West Highway) -- please do not park in any other manner.

Got ideas for improvements? Talk to or email Jim Coleman and share
your thoughts!  We can do it: change begins in Riverdale Park!

Bring Your Own Bag!
We are also interested in making sure folks know
about us on Yelp and Chowhound. Shameless Promotion: Check us out on
Twitter,  Facebook, and now instagram!
Our favorite nationally known local food site, localharvest.orgis
always looking for more reviews of the market.
Send us your recipe
with local ingredients and we'll put the best recipes in next week's
newsletter and give you a $10 Fruits & Veggies gift certificate from
the market!

Facebook wants reviews of our market. Please tell your
faves about our market! If you dislike something, please tell us,
rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com.    As one customer recently told us, "Riverdale
Park is the fun market!" Each week we offer live music by award
winning local artists, kids' entertainment, and a wide selection of
fresh produce and specialty items sold directly by Maryland farmers.
Held at our town center, 6404 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD