[RP TownTalk] D.C. Stand Up for Muslims Rally - 4:30 Today

A. Spain alisonspain at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 15:34:29 UTC 2017

Neighbors -

My son and I will be headed down to the *D.C. Stand Up for Muslims Rally*
at the D.C. Council meeting (John A. Wilson Building) from 4:30 - 6.  We
will be taking Metro from P.G. Plaza and headed out between 3:30-3:45.  I
invite you to join me. It would be especially great to see some of
Saturday's marchers.  Please feel free to message me directly (or text,
cell below) if you are interested in coordinating.

Thank you,

Alison Spain

https://www.facebook.com/events/1244986592255256/

"Stand With Muslim, refugee, and immigrant communities after Trump's
executive order banning our communities is passed. We are asking for
allies, Muslims, refugees, and immigrants to show up to the Wilson building
to remind the DC City Council and Mayor that they must take a clear stance
that they will not throw our communities under the bus.

After only a handful of days in office, Donald Trump is expected to sign an
executive order on Thursday, January 26th which will include immediately
halting refugee admissions for at least 4 months, banning entry to the U.S.
from several Muslim-majority countries, and toughening already stringent
screening procedures for immigrants."

*Alison Spain*
ALS Studio + Design
web: www.alisonspain.com