[RP TownTalk] Free Father's Day Beer Tasting at Riversdale!

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Fri Jun 16 15:15:43 UTC 2017

Hi, folks!

I hope you had a great week. If you're still looking for some FREE, local Father's Day fun, look no further than the mansion. Whether Dad is a history buff, beer lover, grill master, gardener, or all of the above, he'll be sure to enjoy Sunday afternoon at the museum. Jailbreak Brewing Company will be on hand serving up craft tasting flights throughout the afternoon (and giving away goodies & coupons), while supplies last. "Hop" on over (see what I did there, beer lovers?) to the open hearth kitchen, where Kitchen Guild members will be preparing hearty grill fare and sharing recipes that pair well with brews. Don't forget to visit the beautiful gardens, which are bursting with fresh produce and flowers. Our lead gardener, Laura, and garden volunteers will be on hand to chat about seasonal produce and all Dad's gardening questions. Of course, tours of the historic house will be going on throughout the afternoon, too. Visit and learn about the many different fathers of Riversdale, from George Calvert - father to nine children to Charles Benedict Calvert, father of UMD!
This all happens on Sunday, June 18, noon-3:30 pm. Tours depart at 12:15, 12:45, 1:15, 1:45, 2:15, 2:45, and 3:15 pm.
Purchase tickets at the Visitor Center. One FREE admission for a special gent per paid admission. $5 adult; $4 senior; $2 student; FREE ages 4 & under
Beverage tickets for guests ages 21+ only. While supplies last.

And, be sure to get our FREE Summer on the Lawn dates on your calendar! First Jazz on the Lawn, 7-8 pm, kicks off next Wednesday!
June 21: Brûlée
July 5: Sol Horizonte (This new group in Riversdale's rotation brings their take on Latin jazz to the grounds.)
August 2: Gina DeSimone and the Moaners
August 16:  Project Natale
Shakespeare in the Parks comes to Riversdale on Wednesday, July 19 with a modern adaptation of "As You Like It" beginning at 7:30 pm.
Bring your picnic and stop by Town Center Market for discounts on growlers and wine on these Wednesdays. Just say the word "Rosalie" at  checkout
Questions? Feel free to call the office or email us at riversdale at pgparks.com<mailto:riversdale at pgparks.com>.

I hope to see you soon!
Samantha
Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> | history.pgparks.com<http://history.pgparks.com/sites_and_museums/Riversdale_House_Museum.htm>
301.864.0420 | fax 301.927.3498
Like us on Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum> | Sign up for Riversdale's e-list!<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481> | View Our Calendar of Events<http://bit.ly/1Tp1iR7>