[RP TownTalk] Trees Cut Down on Bike Path near Greg's Towing

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Mon May 1 11:22:28 UTC 2017

Let me get this straight.  It's OK if Cafritz Development cuts down ~13 acres of trees for Riverdale Park Station and Whole Foods, but it's not OK if Pepco cuts down diseased trees near the power lines?

The businesses along Rhode Island Ave have been there for as long (30+ years) as I've lived in the Town.  They were there before many of you moved to RP or Riverdale Park Station existed.  I'm not sure why they are a problem now?  Is it because Whole Foods moved in next door?  It appears that Whole Foods takes precedent over ~13 acres of woodlands and legacy RP businesses based on what I'm reading here.

Am I correct in this assumption?

Bruce