[RP TownTalk] Trees Cut Down on Bike Path near Greg's Towing

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Mon May 1 12:30:31 UTC 2017

I don't mind businesses being in our town (in fact, I'm glad they are
here!), but I definitely
​*​
do
​*​
mind it when their properties are not in keeping with Town code and/or Town
and County law.

I also mourned the loss of all those trees on the Cafritz property. But I
don't own that property, so all I can do is make sure the owners of that
property obey the law.

Diseased trees are more likely to rot or die, losing branches or falling
over in the process, and the power lines near the trolley tracks are
extremely high voltage. The risk of disaster is too high. We need to plant
shorter trees under our power lines, or run the power lines underground if
we don't want PEPCO trimming and cutting our trees down.

I realized this weekend that if I want more trees in town, I need to start
by planting more trees in my own yard!

-Sarah