[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu May 11 01:13:18 UTC 2017

Tomorrow : May 11, 2017  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale
MARC station) Get your great strawberries, asparagus, potatoes, spinach,
kale, and arugula, multiple sweet potato varieties,  and other crops while
they last.  Garlic, onions,
apples, fresh and hard cider, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh
goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen eggs (limited supply),  and
more while
we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't miss it! Evening hours are fun at the
market! We
look forward to seeing you every Thursday from 3 to 7PM at the Riverdale
Park Town
Center, rain or shine.  WEATHER: High 62, some rain.

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors: Groff's Content Farm
<https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Blades Orchard
<https://business.facebook.com/Bladesorchard/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Cat's Paw Organic Farm, King Mushrooms
<https://business.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Oksana's Produce Farm
<https://business.facebook.com/oksanasproducefarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Jack Creek Plants, Barajas Produce
<https://business.facebook.com/barajasproducee/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Zeke's Coffee of DC
<https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Dimitri Olive Oil
<https://business.facebook.com/DimitriOliveOil/?business_id=519659454902835>
, I Confect
<https://business.facebook.com/I-Confect-104798926229583/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Stone Hearth Bakery, El Taco Loco, Roy & Rt's Kitchen & Garden
<https://business.facebook.com/royandrt/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Alaskawild Seafoods
<https://business.facebook.com/Alaskawildseafoods/?business_id=519659454902835>
, Old Smokey's BBQ, Mystic Water Soap
<https://business.facebook.com/Mystic-Water-Soap-281710141273/?business_id=519659454902835>
, While Waiting Jewelry.

Music Acts: *Rhex* - Jazz (if the weather clears up)*, 5 to 7PM.*

Kid fun: Sidewalk Chalk

Feature News:
New farmer, McCleaf's Orchard <http://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>

 is out of Biglerville, PA. Here's a message about their farm: Our farm has
been family operated since 1888. We specialize in tasty tree fruits like
peaches and apples and also grow berries, other small fruits, and a wide
variety of vegetables. You can find our products at farmer's markets around
the DC and Baltimore area. We grow using sustainable practices and are
proudly IPM (Integrated Pest Management) and GAP (Good Agricultural
Practices) certified.

We continue to seek new and innovative ways to improve our quality and
yields in a sustainable and environmentally sound manner. Come out and see
us: we love what we do and can't wait to share it with you!

*Oksana's Produce* is featuring beet greens , radish microgreens,  leaf
lettuce, Asian Greens Tokyo Bekana. Ferments: Traditional Russian kraut ,
Smokey Thai , pink Sapphire, curried cauliflower , and kimchi.

*Groff''s Content Farm* offers great quality sustainably raised beef, pork,
chicken and lamb
and is featuring Meatball Marinara and Spaetzle on their prepared meal menu.

*Jack Creek Plants* is making their first appearance of the season..

*Dimitri's Olive Oil* is hiring for the 14th & Kennedy Farmers Market on
Saturdays *ASAP*.
Please contact them directly :georgiosdevoo at gmail.com or ask George at the
market.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per
week match on WIC Fruit and Vegetable Checks & SNAP purchases.
We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement
our food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot
at the farmers market to offer services and goods that the market
doesn't offer for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If
you're interested, please contact us.

Coming Attractions : Unfortunately, ECO City Farms' status is questionable
for 2017. Red Chimney Farm may be coming back on a guest vendor basis.
Many new vendors will premiere this season.

We're outdoors from this Thursday through November with our neighbors,
friends, and vendors. As always, it will trickle along until the weather
stays
warm for a while and more things come up from the ground.
It's still an exciting time of year, even if it takes a while to get going.