[RP TownTalk] 6/1: UMD Town Hall in response to the killing of Richard Collins III

Sarah Combs lilmz79 at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 16:57:40 UTC 2017

The UMD Town Hall facilitators are encouraging members of the Rt 1 Communities (and beyond) to come out to support and participate this Thurs.
"Over the past two years, we have allowed incidents of hate and bias to fester within our community. We have allowed our campus to become an environment that welcomes hateful actions. We have failed our mission as an institution of higher education.These failures, this inaction, lead to the death of Lt. Collins. The wounds that have been inflicted on our community will never fully heal, and must serve as a constant reminder of our need to progress. To honor the life and memory of Lt. Collins, we as a community must come together to demand action. We must demand that our university stand up to individuals and incidents that do not reflect a foundation of equality, compassion, and justice."
Thursday June 1, 3-6pm
Nyumburu Cultural Center,
4018 Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20742

Questions: Stephanie Cork GSG-president at umd.edu
Link to FB Event:Town Hall

|    |
Town Hall
 AJ Pruitt (SGA President) and Stephanie Cork (GSG President) are co-hosting this event to listen to our student ...  |   |