[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 01:41:22 UTC 2017

Tomorrow : November 2, 2017  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Get your great Autumn Crisp, Braeburn, Crimson Crisp, Crimson Jonagold,
Daybreak Fuji, Gala, Ginger Gold,  Honey Crisp, Jonathan, Macintosh,
Macoun, Nittany, Royal Court, Snap Stayman apples; kiwi berries, free range
hen eggs; green beans, beets, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, collards,
regular & fairy tale eggplant; dino, green & red boar kale, okra; red &
yellow onions; lots of peppers, both sweet & hot; potatoes, arugula & salad
mix; summer squash, sunchokes;  sweet potatoes, swiss chard, lots of
tomatoes and other crops while they last.  Apples, fresh and hard cider,
apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic
mushrooms, free range hen & duck eggs,  and more while we enjoy the
changing seasons. Don't miss it! Evening hours are fun at the market! We
look forward to seeing you every Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s
Town Center (across from the Riverdale MARC train station).

Here’s a great treat for the season: made from scratch caramel apples
<http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/10/homemade-caramel-apple-recipe.html>
using available ingredients from McCleaf’s Orchard & Blades Orchard.

What should I put on my Tag Team Kitchen <https://tagteamkitchen.com/>
pizza crust? Here are some options..
<https://www.thespruce.com/new-ideas-for-pizza-toppings-2708776>

WEATHER: High 76, partly sunny & breezy (according to Accuweather).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   <https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Blades Orchard
   <https://business.facebook.com/Bladesorchard/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard <http://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>
   -

   ECO City Farms
   -

   Barajas Produce
   <https://business.facebook.com/barajasproducee/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   King Mushrooms
   -

   Tag Team Kitchen (Homemade pizza crusts & pizza kits)
   -

   AlaskaWild Seafoods
   -

   Twin Valley Distillers
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   <https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   I Confect
   <https://business.facebook.com/I-Confect-104798926229583/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Dimitri Olive Oil
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   Mystic Water Soap
   -

   El Piquin
   -

   Roy & RT’s Kitchen & Garden (Continued support makes it work..)
   -

   Old Smokey's BBQ
   -

   Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
   -

   A Little Pottery
   -

   Duchess Collection - fused glass jewelry (first time!)

Music Acts: Rodeo Motel - 5 to 7PM, (weather permitting).

Kid fun: Sidewalk Chalk

Feature News:

Cooking demo from Zenful Bites, sponsored by ECO City Farms

AlaskaWild Seafoods is back for this week.

Mystic Water Soap is back this week.

ECO City Farms <https://business.facebook.com/ECOCityFarms/?fref=mentions>
is back!

After a short hiatus from our CSA program and the Riverdale Farmers Market,
ECO City Farms is back and better than ever! We look forward to seeing you
and all of your friends and neighbors at our local market this Thursday!

Groff''s Content Farm offers great quality sustainably raised beef, pork,
chicken and lamb

and is featuring their amazing Chicken Pot Pie on their prepared meal menu.

Duchess Collection will have fused glass jewelry for sale.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week match on

WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program vouchers, WIC Fruit and Vegetable
Checks & SNAP purchases.

We are offering a new option for local businesspeople that complement our
food options.

One local business per week will be offered a slot at the farmers market to
offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer for $28 per week. We
suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested, please contact us.

Prince George’s County Health Department is finished with WIC vouchers for
the 2017 season.

Coming Attractions:

Many new vendors will premiere this season.

We're outdoors this Thursday through November 16 with our neighbors,
friends, and vendors. The market is in full swing now, most weeks you’ll
see new crops. It's an exciting time of year.

Important Notices:

Food safety notice: Due to our county's health department regulations, dogs
are no longer welcome at the farmers market. We love dogs but had too many
incidents.

Important note about parking: only parallel parking is allowed on Maryland
Ave (the road that passes under East-West Highway) -- please do not park in
any other manner.

Got ideas for improvements? Talk to or email Jim Coleman and share your
thoughts!  We can do it: change begins in Riverdale Park!

Bring Your Own Bag! We are also interested in making sure folks know about
us on Yelp and other sites. Shameless Promotion: Check us out on Twitter,
 Facebook, and now instagram!