[RP TownTalk] Rescheduled - Let's Talk MAGLEV Train

Alonzo Washington alonzo at alonzowashington.com
Tue Nov 7 18:59:39 UTC 2017

<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/q2xFstmJ-VaAEj-3agUYngsDiQzq6x4-J94TkOd6PaA=>

Dear Neighbor,
*I was recently contacted by Baltimore Washington Rapid Rail (BWRR) to
reschedule our Community Meeting on Thursday, November 9th to discuss the
MAGLEV train proposal. We are currently in talks with the organizations
involved to finalize a new date and location for this important meeting. *

In the meantime, please visit the MAGLEV train's official website
<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/vr9157pzHWcfuOPcOxy494dptVY0jqig2Pb8gSM0L9A=>
learn more about the full proposal prior to our meeting. I also would
advise you to review the proposed train routes
<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/8imlLXAQTWfVHmsFPHCfJFkm9W2UWMb8oCT2jb-Yx10=>
understand how they might impact you and your community. Finally, as BWRR
continues their study of these proposed routes, it is important that you
register your comments or concerns on the MAGLEV project with them
directly. BWRR will use these comments to determine the final route for the
MAGLEV, so I strongly encourage you to let them know how the MAGLEV train
will impact you. You can register your comments here
<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/1svrI-laZKhb4tdT1R-1UhzjoITwkWy4JupzO3ess9s=>
or
contact BWRR directly by sending them an email
<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/L5bBx653IMazvH6XWIaDwYJloRPtjrnNaMoBPb3J0os=>
.

As we have learned more about the MAGLEV project, I know that concerns from
community members across our District continue to grow. *I can assure you
that our Community Meeting will be rescheduled for a new date over the next
couple of weeks and that your voice will be heard at this critical time as
the MAGLEV's environmental impact study continues.*

I understand and share in your frustration with how this entire process
regarding the MAGLEV train has unfolded. I appreciate your patience and
understanding as I work to ensure that you have the opportunity to hear
directly from BWRR and the Maryland Transit Administration on the MAGLEV
project.

Sincerely,

-Alonzo

Alonzo T. Washington
Maryland State Delegate

www.AlonzoWashington.com
<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/q2xFstmJ-VaAEj-3agUYngsDiQzq6x4-J94TkOd6PaA=>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/-mP2bwAzReS3FmBqF2ap6PJFLb79Y-UtVuLQrB016UM=?lang=en>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/i4l16dYWpbdQBVwn5RmUSStvDSNxi4E1U88yjGMH3cw=>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/JSUhzuCYuMDWtQE36tR_-1YeFomlvZhpke_hVu1GNC4=/96dteUU5UkGabG0FktWwU9lvB9gUO10ZO3OsNRKwm6g=>
By Authority: Friends for Alonzo Washington, Cierra Washington, Treasurer

Friends for Alonzo Washington
P.O. Box 224
Hyattsville MD 20781 United States