[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Hyattsville Zombie Run! - THIS SATURDAY - PACKET PICKUP TOMORROW

Bart Lawrence bartkathleen at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 19:26:28 UTC 2017

Please join the fun and spread the news.
Bart Lawrence
Hyattsville, MD

Hyattsville Zombie Run<https://u3755228.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=S61XR-2FWaWzKI3L-2Fq-2BOx7c7-2BtX-2F44y1YcE-2FrUtKABTG7n0kuwafOB0W7alLcEaEmst0NwImgYJmUQLkLzTErBJXao6tq9vO8URqHilWNuNKAH6XIyLbojWEjSeM6y7gjDdKcexfdi4GfIJCQpNwZL3TQDTYJSrcXcc2xVsBJEFvU-3D_i2n9CigYwftVlHISY2ycgXdEod3yyBWbieUY4OWum1xsKaJOZu8okuBKqKft9p3niGJLrb4lp-2BFMUa6Z6o18yTg8QDX59kRrvGpx0HmXfLMfntXo1rsG7seq5RurBZn1f8ZjW6YaS7pkD0Ulx6yYfH9wMYKeWngs4zPiit3S4fBMEUaEimNno72FMKOT5Gs-2FuvAARu-2Bqit8PcjRLqMr66QYp5xDpWnLsn4xeDU01H84-3D>
Saturday, October 14 2017 - Hyattsville, MD

Zombie Runners of all ages!

Thanks to all of you who registered for our second annual Hyattsville Zombie Run! We anticipate we will have over 500 runners this year. As you prepare for Saturday morning’s run we wanted to send out one last email with important information.

PACKET PICK-UP:

You can pick-up your runner’s packet on Thursday or Friday night, Oct. 12th and 13th from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the new Whole Foods Market located at 6621-B Baltimore Ave, Riverdale Park, MD 20737.  Zombie Run Staff will be on hand to hand out T-shirts, give out your bibs, runners swag bag and answer any questions you may have.  They will also be taking any last minute registrations if you have some runner friends who haven't registered yet but still want to race.

If you can't make it either Thursday or Friday then you can still grab your pick-up your materials Saturday morning at Magruder Park. On Saturday, check-in will be at the Registration Tent located in Magruder Park from 7:00AM to 9:30 AM.  The Magruder Park Rec Building is at 3911 Hamilton Street, Hyattsville, MD 20781

Along with your packet you will receive your event t-shirt, your bib, a map of the course, race instructions, zombie temporary tattoo, and sponsor coupons.

PARKING

 Parking is available at the WSSC Building, immediately adjacent to the Magruder Park entrance. In order to enter the lot we ask that you come from Route 1. From northbound Route 1 turn left onto Crittenden Street. Keep right to veer onto 40th Place. Continue ¼ mile and turn left into lot. Car-pooling with your runner or walker friends is always a great option! Don’t arrive too late.

Metro-ing?  No problem.  The race starting line is a 20 minute walk from the West Hyattsville metro on the Green Line.

RACE TIMES

8:45AM – 1K Family Fun Run

9:00AM – 1 Mile Kids Challenge

9:30AM – Hyattsville Zombie Run! 5K

10:30AM –Awards Ceremony

COSTUME

Dressing up in costume is not required but strongly encouraged.  Many of our volunteers will be dressing up and we would love to have you as part of the fun as we kick off October with our Zombie Race but dress however you like and just enjoy the day.  We will be giving out some awards from our sponsors for runners and spectators who get into the spirit of things.

There will also be free zombie face-painting in the Hyattsville Elementary School Tent so if you show up and want to get your zombie on head on over.

CONCESSIONS

Edward M. Felegy Elementary School PTA is running our concessions this year.  Stop over for a cup of coffee or a snack.  All proceeds go back to Felegy Elementary School.

WEATHER

We will be racing this weekend rain or shine so plan on coming down no matter what we have.

SHARE THE FUN!

Let the world know you are in the Zombie Run! 5K! Use #HVLZombieRun on social media to spread the word. Share you pics on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HyattsvilleZombieRun or our Instagram page @HyattsvilleZombieRun

FACEBOOK FRAME

Click onto our Facebook page, take a picture at the race and swipe on the left after you take it to see our customized picture frame. Choose from running zombie or an "I Survived!" Zombie run frames.

AWARDS CEREMONY

Immediately following the 5k there will be an awards ceremony.  Medals will be awarded in age groups for the 1M kids challenge and the 5K.  Awards will also be given for best costume and the raffle drawing for students who participated in the Individual Fundraiser will be held at this time for the bike from Arrow Bicycle, Kindle Fire and movie theater prize pack.

For all the staff and volunteers who assist in putting this event on, thanks again for being a part of the run!

We will see you on Saturday!

Kevin Blackerby

Race Director

Hyattsville Zombie Run<https://u3755228.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/click?upn=S61XR-2FWaWzKI3L-2Fq-2BOx7c7-2BtX-2F44y1YcE-2FrUtKABTG7n0kuwafOB0W7alLcEaEmst0NwImgYJmUQLkLzTErBJXao6tq9vO8URqHilWNuNKAH6XIyLbojWEjSeM6y7gjDdKcexfdi4GfIJCQpNwZL3TQDTYJSrcXcc2xVsBJEFvU-3D_i2n9CigYwftVlHISY2ycgXdEod3yyBWbieUY4OWum1xsKaJOZu8okuBKqKft9p3niGJLrb4lp-2BFMUa6Z6o18yXO9kvMbW4iWpPogAgw6xn3O3mPui9l7k-2FyZM7SjyFfS2oXcdLeS7Bcf0vgfIQnETL2G2LOgBOgMdGQi6IMPgpVoCqyqc4bcAl4ob5LryjafjTvVItIcCcLZ6D6wEiHm6svVjlKNp2AeuW4feXyEpy4-3D>
Hyattsville, MD
Saturday, October 14 2017
Contact Race<mailto:Hyattsville5k at gmail.com?subject=Hyattsville+Zombie+Run>

If you would like to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails click here<https://u3755228.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/unsubscribe?upn=i2n9CigYwftVlHISY2ycgXdEod3yyBWbieUY4OWum1xsKaJOZu8okuBKqKft9p3niGJLrb4lp-2BFMUa6Z6o18ye6Zef6k4CMgeD8FB-2BI6kJboPclfrlZwhKx6-2FfjWAQVySsHW8Q6V5fMbVH5eDoRv5-2BQ8-2FKtoRmkp8t92PWeP26NfKRQd2x1GXvd3FPc5b-2B4ha7zo3sPOJeZvofyI-2B-2FngGRL1HI9XiqgMixT6FCc34ns-3D>.
[cid:18688EA4-C2EB-42E4-9394-7FD455F91D72]