[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Please forward to your lists

Kate Kelly mrs.ahkelly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 16:34:23 UTC 2017

Greetings Rowing Fans and Soon-to-Be-Fans,

Washington Rowing's Junior Crew is ready to get back on the water! Come
join in!

Friends, fun, and fitness are what we offer. Teenagers benefit from the
teamwork, friendships, exercise, and outdoor activity of rowing.

This fall we have a new option of a weekday Competitive Crew. With
practices Monday through Friday we will be ready to compete in local and
regional regattas. Our numbers will dictate the schedule but we anticipate
racing in Georgetown, Occoquan, and possibly Philadelphia. Lots of fun.

Our Weekender Program is also back by popular demand and will meet Saturday
and Sunday afternoons as usual. There is lots of good rowing to do right
here on our Anacostia River.

Both programs will include sculling in small boats and sweep rowing in
fours and eights so everyone will develop a full range of skills.

Both programs will have a Try-Out period. The first week of the Competitive
Program will be try-outs. The first weekend of the Weekender Program will
be try-outs. There is no charge for the Try-Out period so we and you can
decide if the program is right for everyone. Fees will then be due for
athletes continuing past the Try-Out period.

Please let us know you are coming by registering for the season or the
Try-Out sessions of the program of your choice. Register here
<https://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=3742>.

We look forward to seeing everyone soon. The weather is warm and the river
is beautiful. Let's get out there and have some fun rowing!

Coach Cole

--
www.washingtonrowingschool.com
202-344-0886 <(202)%20344-0886>