[RP TownTalk] Puppy Left in Box (Passed Away)

andrew.ninnemann at gmail.com andrew.ninnemann at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:39:57 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am sad to tell this story but feel the need to mention it simply to make sure people are observant. Today I was walking my dog on the path near Greg’s Towing and noticed an IKEA bag and box in the bushes area. I went to move it, as it was clearly left there as litter, and was very sad and angered to find a deceased puppy that had been left in a cardboard box with a bag tied around it. I am not sure if there was more than one puppy that may have made it out of the box, but it looked to be a few months old.

For those in the neighborhood, please keep your eye out in case there was another dog and in general if you see boxed litter like that.

For those with dogs that you think you can’t handle or can’t care for for whatever reasons, please look to adoption or even a more local dog shelter.  There are many more humane ways to put down an animal than what I came across today.

If anyone has information on who I might reach out to to have the dog picked up, please send along.

Respectfully,
Andrew Ninnemann