[RP TownTalk] Early Bird Special for Environmental Racism Panel!

Sarah Combs sarahswalk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 00:17:20 UTC 2018

 Hey Folks! The $10 EBS runs through this Saturday. We need 15 folks to
register by 4/16 to hold the event. Get your ticket today and join us to
learn about local Racial Justice history and evolution of current issues in
our county.

https://actionnetwork.org/ticketed_events/environmental-racism

What - Environmental Racism: How we got here and what’s at stake today in
the District and Prince George’s

This event will be a panel discussion with:

Dr. Sacoby Wilson, Associate Professor at the Maryland Institute for
Applied Environmental Health discussing how our race-based laws and
business policies in housing, finance and other factors facilitated
environmental racism.

Ms. Kari Fulton, a nationally recognized environmental reporter and now an
activist/organizer on environmental justice issues in Prince George’s and
the District discussing environmental justice issues in Prince George’s and
the District.

When - April 22,  2:30 -4pm

Where - PGAAMCC  4519 Rhode Island Avenue, Brentwood, MD 20722

Early Bird Tickets are $10 ($15 after 4/15), but no one will be turned away
for lack of funds. Childcare, transportation assistance, and other
accommodations are available upon request. Please contact
greenlinesurj at gmail.com at least 48 hours in advance of the event if you
need payment assistance or require any accommodations including childcare.
All proceeds benefit the speakers and PGAAMCC.
https://actionnetwork.org/ticketed_events/environmental-racism

About the Host:

The mission of PGAAMCC is to celebrate and inspire the Community through
the cultivation, preservation, and presentation of the cultural and
artistic contributions of African Americans in Prince George’s County,
Maryland.  We pride ourselves on being a learning organization for our
visitors and our staff and volunteers alike. We recognize that learning
occurs in unexpected ways all around us, and that we have the potential to
arouse curiosity and encourage discovery. We value our role as a center for
life-long learning in our community.  http://www.pgaamcc.org

About the Organizer:

SURJ GL is a Prince George's County Maryland Chapter of Showing Up for
Racial Justice (SURJ). SURJ believes in collective liberation -- and that
none of us can be free until we end white supremacy. SURJ’s role as part of
a multi-racial movement is to undermine white support for white supremacy
and to help build a racially just society. https://www.facebook.
com/SURJGreenLine/