[RP TownTalk] Fwd: On the subject of Public Hearings

Bob Smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 10 19:04:10 UTC 2018

On April 3, I asked about public hearings on town charter changes.
I cited the two held with voter expansion questions.
I passed on the information on the legislation before the MD general assembly.
Here is the status I found just now on the proposed MD bill:
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2018rs&id=HB0615

Find a 2018 Bill:

2018 Regular Session

Entitled:

Municipalities - Charter Amendments - Procedures

Sponsored by:

Delegate Lisanti

In the House - Returned Passed

 Summary
 Documents
 History

Synopsis:
Requiring the legislative body of a municipality to hold a public hearing and give at least 21 days' advance notice of the public hearing before adopting a resolution initiated by the legislative body that proposes an amendment to the municipal charter; and requiring the legislative body of a municipality to hold a certain public hearing and give 21 days' notice before voting on a proposed charter amendment initiated by a certain petition.

Analysis:
Fiscal and Policy Note (Revised)

All Sponsors:
Delegate Lisanti