[RP TownTalk] RPFarmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:47:36 UTC 2018

Tomorrow : August 9th,  3-7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Come over and join us for the weekly market to stock up on your Summer
favorites.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local peaches and berries!  GoldRush & Pristine
apples; apricots, white & yellow nectarines, white, white donut  & yellow
peaches, plums & pluots, blackberries, blueberries, red raspberries,
cantaloupes, free range hen eggs; sweet corn, beets, broccoli, regular &
Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, collards, regular & fairy tale eggplant,
cucumber, fennel, Dino, green & red bore kale, okra, red & yellow onions,
green & red bell & jalapeño peppers, radishes, spinach, arugula & salad
mix; sweet potatoes, swiss chard, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, microgreens
and other crops while they last.  Apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk
cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen & duck eggs,
and more while we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't miss it!

Ever wondered how to grill fruit, wonder no more...
<https://www.marthastewart.com/1503390/grilled-fruit-how-tips-tricks>

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

WEATHER: High of 86 @ 3PM, mostly sunny with little to no rain. (according
to Accuweather).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   <https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   McCleaf’s Orchard Lots of great Summer fruits & Corn
   -

   Barajas Produce - Corn, Tomatoes & Peppers!
   -

   King Mushrooms -
   -

   Cat’s Paw Farm
   -

   Roy & RT’s Kitchen - Indonesian food
   -

   AlaskaWild Seafoods
   -

   Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   <https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   I Confect - Seafood Gumbo & Crab Mac & Cheese
   -

   Flour Uprising- Asian style baked goods
   -

   Nativo Condiments & Seasonings
   -

   Pearl Fine Teas - New vendor...
   -

   Twin Valley Distillery
   -

   Old Smokey BBQ
   -

   UMD FSNE food demos
   -

   Prince George’s County WIC program
   -

   El Piquin <https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-piquin-essex> (Mexican food)

Music Acts: Banjo artist, Jacob Panic

Kid Fun: Sidewalk chalk

Groff’s Content Farm offers great quality sustainably raised beef, pork,
chicken and lamb and is featuring their amazing Chicken Pot Pie on their
ready to warm up menu.

Barajas Produce- cucumbers, green cabbage, spring onions, red spring
onions, red and orange beets, rainbow Swiss chard, leaf lettuce, redleaf
lettuce,  Bell & Jalapeno peppers; Romaine lettuce, butter cup and bib
lettuce, spinach, mesclun mix, radishes, garlic, chives, dill, and
cilantro, collard greens,  purple Russian kale, curly kale, Lacinato kale.

King Mushrooms- oyster mushrooms, yellow oyster mushrooms, morel shrooms,
lion’s mane mushrooms, maitake mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, portabella
mushrooms and Hungarian mushroom soup.

McCleaf’s Orchard - Asparagus, cauliflower, radishes, spring mix, spinach,
rosemary plants, cilantro, oregano, cilantro, honey, Fuji apple juice,
apple sauce, apple butter, free range eggs, pink lady, Cameo, GoldRush,
Fuji, Nittany, ever Crisp apples.

I Confect
Lemon pepper cashews, garlic pepper cashews, old Bay cashews, chili lime
cashews, brown butter sea salt almonds, brown butter sea salt pecans, brown
butter sea salt cashews, praline pecans, granola.

Stone Hearth Bakery

Baguettes, asiago cheese baguette, wheat rolls, sub rolls, ciabattas,
dinner rolls, hamburger rolls, raisin walnut bread, cranberry raisin, dark
sunflower, pumpernickel, Kalamata olive, Herb, oatmeal, light sunflower,
rustic Italian, semolina, rosemary, Jewish rye, jalapeño cheese, cheese
bread, French country white, French country wheat, honey whole wheat,
sourdough, rustic wheat, seven grain, pound cakes, pies, small tartaletas,
and large tartaletas of fruit flavors, beef,  chicken, and cheese
empanadas, ham and cheese rolls, cheese rolls, croissant‘s of different
flavors, scones, muffins, cookies.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week on SNAP purchases.

We are offering a new option for local business people that complement our
food options. One local business per week will be offered a slot at the
farmers market to offer services and goods that the market doesn't offer
for $25 per week. We suggest once a month attendance. If you're interested,
please contact us.

Prince George’s County Health Department usually starts their WIC
distribution at 3 PM and ends around 615PM.

Jack Creek Plants - will be back next week - tomato plants,pepper plants,
bell and hot, lots of herbs like chives, lemon basil, lime basil, purple
basil, parsley, cilantro, dill, cat grass for your feline friends, sage,
rosemary, thyme, oregano, pineapple sage, lavender, lots of mint, and lots
of annual flowers, Nasturtiums, lantana, verbena, black and blue salvia
great for hummingbirds and bumblebees..

Baby Books 2 will be back next week, we think.

We hope to see Mystic Water Soap back some time in August..

AlaskaWild Seafoods had to change their next scheduled appearance to Thursday,
August 9th, due to a greater need for fishing crew than selling fish.

Sadly, ECO City Farms <http://www.ecoffshoots.org/> had a major crop
failure so we don’t know when they’re coming back.

As far as we know, we’re outside from here on out. We will be open
Thursdays, 3 to 7PM year round and enjoying the season starting now!

--
Thanks,

Jim Coleman
Ph: 3015865973