[RP TownTalk] June 30 9AM University Park March to Keep Families Together

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Mon Jul 2 11:22:06 UTC 2018

All

Please read item 2 in the following link.  Note the year that this settlement was reached.  The government is required to take care of unaccompanied children who cross the border illegally.  This fact seems to have been overlooked by liberal media and spun into "separating families".

https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/resource/flores-settlement-brief-history-and-next-steps

Trump and Sessions have not changed immigration law.  They are enforcing immigration law as written (zero tolerance).  I don't know about you, but I want POTUS and the AG to enforce the law as written not cherry pick the parts they want to enforce.

If you want to help these kids, stop blaming Trump/Sessions for something that happened in ~1997, stop the unending outrage and protests that accomplish nothing.  Call call your representative and demand that they address these and other immigration related issues (DACA for example).  Trump attempted to address "separating families" with his recent executive order, but that won't help unaccompanied children illegally crossing the border.

Without the spin, Trump is the first president since 1997 (that I'm aware of) who by executive order took a stab at dealing with the "separating families" issue.  Some of you and the liberal media respond by demonstrating, marching, protesting, blockading ICE offices, demanding that ICE be dissolved, saying Trump's responsible for "separating families", and of course endless outrage.  If ICE is dissolved, who going to take care of the unaccompanied children illegally crossing the border?

You can't make this stuff up.  It's unbelievable.

Bruce