[RP TownTalk] August Happenings at Riversdale

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Tue Jul 31 20:29:37 UTC 2018

Hi, everyone!

I hope you're staying dry in the midst of our rainy July. Hopefully August brings plenty of sunshine so you can enjoy all the great programs Riversdale has in store! In between the beach and vacation, make sure to leave some time open to visit for one (or many) of these upcoming programs:

The beginning on August is looking to be busy! While we moved inside due to rain the last time, we're hoping our last summer Yoga on the Grounds session with Numi Yoga will be a hit! Flow from 5:30-6:30 pm on Wednesday, August 8. The cost is $10 for those ages 12 & up and little ones can practice alongside adults for free. Check out www.numiyoga.com<http://www.numiyoga.com> to register in advance. Walk-ins are welcome (cash at door). And be sure to stick around for that evening's FREE 7pm Jazz on the Lawn concert with Brûlée! Later in the month, we'll feature our final performance on August 22 (no yoga this time) with Susan Jones & the Extension Chords. Bring your picnics & nab 10% off growler & wine purchases at Town Center Market on concert Wednesdays.  Leashed pets are always welcome :).

Later in the week, join us for our signature annual Battle of Bladensburg Encampment on Saturday, August 11 (noon-4pm). FREE admission to grounds gets you up close & personal with American and British troops, children's activities, marching and drilling, hand-on demos, ice cream making and more! GIRL SCOUTS can also register (as a troop or individual) to work towards badges (Partial: Daisies, Seniors, Ambassadors & Complete: Brownies, Juniors). Register here: https://tinyurl.com/BOBScout2018.  Don't forget to step into the museum for a tour ($3) and check out what's new. Mrs. Calvert just might stop and say hello!

With September, we're highlighting two new programs, including Family Fun Day: Grandparents' Day on Sunday, September 9. Make some memories while doing family activities and touring Riversdale with the grandparents, who can enjoy complimentary admission (per paid ticket). Daisy Girl Scouts are invited to earn their Clover Petal on Daisy Girl Scout Day on Sunday, September 29.

Even if you or your family have visited Riversdale many times, we hope you'll find some new ways to enjoy our beautiful & historic site! If you have any questions or would like to register for a program, feel free to shoot me an email (samantha.ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:samantha.ferris at pgparks.com>) or call the office (301.864.0420). And be sure to like, share, and connect with us on social media! We hope to see you soon!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riversdale1801
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/riversdalehousemuseum/

View our full calendar of events here: https://issuu.com/pgparks/docs/1574__pdfriversdalejul-dec2018flipb

Cheers!
Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> | history.pgparks.com<http://history.pgparks.com/3023/Riversdale-House-Museum>
301.864.0420 | fax 301.927.3498
Sign up for Riversdale's e-list!<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481> | View Our Calendar of Events<https://issuu.com/pgparks/docs/1574__pdfriversdalejul-dec2018flipb>
[cid:image001.png at 01D428E9.9AB4FAF0]<https://www.facebook.com/RiversdaleMuseum>  [cid:image002.png at 01D428E9.9AB4FAF0] <https://twitter.com/Riversdale1801>   [cid:image003.png at 01D428E9.9AB4FAF0] <https://www.instagram.com/riversdalehousemuseum/>