[RP TownTalk] some civility and discretion please

Marianna Previti mariannarose at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:07:07 UTC 2018

I agree! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Rebecca Henry <rebeccahenry at hotmail.com<mailto:rebeccahenry at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Dear neighbors, I so appreciate this list for the timely information it brings, and for the periodic healthy and respectful debate on issues we all care about.

It is unfortunate when folks lose their ability to be civil at the same time they lose their sense of discretion about what is appropriate for mass posting. We all lose our grasp on civility now and then, it happens, especially in such divisive times. I implore you, however: if you find you can't be decent, please find a buddy who will generously listen to you blow off steam and then prevent you from posting your petty animosities to the town list. If you can't find a buddy, get a dog, or yell into your pillow, but please try not to litter the listserve with these personal insults and perceived slights. The rest of the town is not interested, and in fact, probably find it alienating and disappointing.

I know nothing at all about the details of this most recent tiff, but I want to extend my thanks to the mayor for maintaining a professional and respectful tone throughout the exchange. I hope we can now move on, and get back to updates about the purple line, the bridge, the farmer's market, the Green Line SURJ meetings, the council, and everything else we have going on in our little community.

Thanks for your understanding,

Rebecca Henry
Riverdale Road

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.riverdaleparkmd.info&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ccff9a02da1b8460eadcf08d5c7d4b213%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636634638705894095&sdata=AQy9VeKrkAF%2BDNCAYwhHm8UFfjuFrencyS4r2Q959dM%3D&reserved=0