[RP TownTalk] Meeting Agenda: March 8 Legislative Committee Meeting (6:30 p.m.)

Bruce Wernek bruce.wernek at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 15:01:35 UTC 2018

All

I've attached the Proposed Legislation for "Voting Expansion" because it wasn't available on the RP website when I checked.

In summary, the proposed legislation removes the requirement of being a US citizen to vote in Riverdale Park (RP).  In addition, a non citizen will be able to vote if they are a resident of RP for 30 days.  Not sure how the Town is going to determine if a non citizen has lived here for 30 days.

I urge all of you to review the attachment carefully and contact your Council person or Mayor as you see fit.  Attending the meeting and voicing your opinion won't hurt either.  This is a major, I repeat major change to RP's voting law.

Bruce

Proposed Legislation for Voting Expansion

New Business

Unfinished Business

Adjournment

Jessica

Jessica E. Barnes

Town Clerk

Riverdale Park

5008 Queensbury Road

Riverdale Park, MD 20737

www.riverdaleparkmd.info

301-927-6381 x505

A Welcoming Community, Come Grow with Us!

DISCLAIMER:  All Town of Riverdale Park email recipients are cautioned that messages sent and received  via the Town's email system may be considered public record pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act, and may be subject to inspection and copying by the public.