[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 03:33:19 UTC 2018

Tomorrow : March 8,  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Get your great Ever Crisp, Crimson Crisp, Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious,
Cameo, Ginger Gold,  Granny Smith, Nittany, York apples & Asian Pear; free
range hen eggs; spinach, onions, yellow onions; potatoes, arugula & salad
mix; winter squash?,  sweet potatoes, swiss chard, microgreens and other
crops while they last. Apples, fresh and hard cider, apple sauce, pastured
meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, grass fed
beef, pastured pork, free range hen & duck eggs,  and more while we enjoy
the changing seasons. Don't miss it! Evening hours are fun at the market!
We look forward to seeing you every Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale
Park’s Town Center (across from the Riverdale MARC train station).

Here’s a great recipe for Beef & Mushroom Braised Stew
<https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/beef---mushroom-braised-stew> using
ingredients from the market.

WEATHER: High 45 gusty winds (according to Accuweather).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   <https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   McCleaf’s Orchard
   -

   Blades Orchard
   -

   King Mushrooms
   -

   Cat’s Paw Farm
   -

   Dimitri Olive Oil (We hope!)
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   <https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   I Confect - New Seafood Gumbo & Crab Mac & Cheese
   -

   Roy & RT’s Kitchen
   -

   El Piquin <https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-piquin-essex> (Mexican food)

Music Acts: (Sorry no music when it’s cold).

Kid Fun: Sidewalk chalk.