[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu May 17 01:43:41 UTC 2018

Tomorrow : May 17,  3 - 7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

As always, we're open rain or shine except for extreme weather events..

Get your great fresh and local asparagus!   Ever Crisp, Crimson Crisp,
Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious, Cameo, Ginger Gold,  Granny Smith, Nittany,
York apples; free range hen eggs; radishes, spinach, onions, yellow onions;
potatoes, arugula & salad mix; sweet potatoes, swiss chard, microgreens and
other crops while they last.  Apples, fresh cider, apple sauce, pastured
meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range
hen & duck eggs, and more while we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't miss
it! Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you
every Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from
the Riverdale MARC train station).

Asparagus recipes anyone??
<https://www.delish.com/holiday-recipes/easter/g3930/roasted-asparagus-recipes/>

WEATHER: High of 70 at 3PM, cloudy and possible showers. (according to
Accuweather).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   <https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>

   McCleaf’s Orchard
   -

   Barajas Produce - maybe strawberries??
   -

   King Mushrooms
   -

   Cat’s Paw Farm
   -

   Jack Creek Plants - (first time this season)
   -

   Tag Team Kitchen- (Pizza crusts & kits)
   -

   Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
   -

   Mystic Water Soap
   -

   Twin Valley Distillers
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   <https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>

   Dimitri’s Olive Oil
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   I Confect - New Seafood Gumbo & Crab Mac & Cheese
   -

   Roy & RT’s Kitchen
   -

   El Piquin <https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-piquin-essex>
   (Mexican food)

Music Acts: Audrey & Rick (Sense of Wonder)

Kid Fun: Sidewalk Chalk

Sorry, Old Smokey’s BBQ can’t make it  to Market this week.

Groff’s Content Farm offers great quality sustainably raised beef, pork,
chicken and lamb and is featuring their amazing Chicken Pot Pie on their
ready to warm up menu.

McCleaf’s Orchard - Carrots, radishes, spring mix, spinach, rosemary
plants, cilantro, oregano, cilantro, honey, Fuji apple juice, apple sauce,
apple butter, free range eggs, pink lady, Cameo, GoldRush, Fuji, Nittany,
ever Crisp apples, asparagus.

I Confect
Lemon pepper cashews, garlic pepper cashews, old Bay cashews, chili lime
cashews, brown butter sea salt almonds, brown butter sea salt pecans, brown
butter sea salt cashews, praline pecans, granola.

Stone Hearth Bakery

Baguettes, asiago cheese baguette, wheat rolls, sub rolls, ciabattas,
dinner rolls, hamburger rolls, raisin walnut bread, cranberry raisin, dark
sunflower, pumpernickel, Kalamata olive, Herb, oatmeal, light sunflower,
rustic Italian, semolina, rosemary, Jewish rye, jalapeño cheese, cheese
bread, French country white, French country wheat, honey whole wheat,
sourdough, rustic wheat, seven grain, pound cakes, pies, small tartaletas,
and large tartaletas of fruit flavors, beef,  chicken, and cheese
empanadas, ham and cheese rolls, cheese rolls, croissant‘s of different
flavors, scones, muffins, cookies.

Maryland Market Money is back with a maximum $5 per week on SNAP purchases.