[RP TownTalk] Bumbling Bates

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:45:16 UTC 2018

FOR THE RECORD

Sometime in the past year when similar grumbling appeared on Towntalk, I
suggested that The Powers That Be in Riverdale Park consider reaching out
to WB Waste or Progressive Waste in Cheverly/Hyattsville. The company has
been picking up trash at The Natoli Place Apartments in Beautiful Downtown
Riverdale Park for nearly a decade without a hitch and at a great rate. The
company replaced the Tony Soprano-like Waste Management. (Now there's a
company that enjoys its heel on your windpipe!). Well, forgetta bout it.
Since I posted the love note company owners formed an alliance with BATES
TRASH that calls for BATES to retrieve our trash. Immediately pick up
problems began. After a two-week span of no pick-up, I did have a rather
forceful conversation with a Bates family member (not Norman for you
Hitchcock fans) and the pick up was made. Since then, service has been
better but not great. Overall, the good service has gone south faster than
US hopes for a nuclear-free North Korea!

My suggestion is that RPMD businesses and residents form a GOOD TRASH
committee and come together to help find some operation that does what it
sez it'll do and do it for the right price. There has to be a company that
does a good job for the right price. And let me know when you find it.

For the record: The Town of Cheverly handles twice-a-week trash pick up and
Wednesday recycling flawlessly and has for the almost four decades that I
have had to worry about such trash. My experience with RP's Director of
Pubic Works Leonard Addison is that he could pull off a similar miracle
with the right tools.

Stay Dry,

Jeffrey Yorke
Yorke Partners