[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 01:39:37 UTC 2018

Tomorrow : November 1st,  3-7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

We will welcome Halloween costumes (no contests) to tomorrow’s market and
offer some candy also (last week).

We will be closed on Thursday, November 22nd for Thanksgiving and open at
our regular time from 3 PM to 7PM on November 29th.

Come over and join us for the weekly market to stock up on your late Summer
& early Fall favorites.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Crimson Crisp, Crimson
Topaz, Crimson Jonagold, Daybreak Fuji, Empire, Gala, Golden Delicious,
Golden Supreme, Grimes Golden, HoneyCrisp, Jonathan, Macon & Northern Spy
apples; kiwiberries, free range hen eggs; fresh apple cider, beets, regular
cabbage, collards, regular & fairy tale eggplant, cucumber, Dino, green &
red bore kale, okra, red & yellow onions, green & red bell & jalapeño
peppers, radishes, spinach, arugula & salad mix; sunchokes, potatoes, sweet
potatoes, swiss chard, cherry tomatoes, winter squash, zucchini,
microgreens and other crops while they last.  Apple sauce, pastured meats,
raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen &
duck eggs, and more while we enjoy the changing seasons.

Here’s a nice recipe with Brussels sprouts, kiebasa and more from Food
Network
<https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/212759/kielbasa-with-brussels-sprouts-in-mustard-cream-sauce/>
for this time of year. Get your kielbasa from Groffs Content Farm, then add
veggies from Barajas Produce, McCleaf’s Orchard, and Cat’s Paw Farm. Looks
delicious!! Let me know if it doesn’t measure up to your palate.

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

WEATHER: High of 74@  3PM & some wind. (according to The Weather Channel).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   King Mushrooms
   -

   Baraja's Produce
   -

   Tag Team Kitchen    (pizza crusts & sauces, every 2 week’s)
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   -

   I Confect
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   Flour Uprising (November 1, 15, December 6)
   -

   Mystic Water Soap
   -

   El Piquin Restaurant
   -

   Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden (really this time)
   -

   Old Smokey's BBQ
   -

   Twin Valley Distillers
   -

   Nativo Condiments & Seasonings (every 2 week’s)

Music Acts: Janine Wilson of the Janine Wilson Band

Kid Fun: Sidewalk chalk
--
Thanks,

Jim Coleman