[RP TownTalk] Meet Interim PGCPS CEO Dr. Monica Goldson

Alonzo Washington alonzo at alonzowashington.com
Tue Oct 23 15:48:06 UTC 2018

<https://act.myngp.com/el/TbytfO4hCj0Lk8YYP9Lrufni3URsn34Yzaug7jlGpPQ=/58Pu-8GIGj105ugMpD5OUwnJFsDBWb4Im6siXOGM_yU=>

Dear Neighbor,
*Please join me and County Council Chair Dannielle Glaros for my annual
District 22 PTA Ice Cream Social on Monday, October 29th at 6:00pm at Yogi
Castle (5501 Baltimore Avenue, Hyattsville, MD). This year, our special
guest will be the new Interim CEO of PGCPS, Dr. Monica Goldson! *

Earlier this summer, Dr. Goldson was named Interim CEO of PGCPS after
Dr. Maxwell
resigned. I wanted to provide you with an opportunity to meet Dr. Goldson
and hear directly from her about her vision to improve our schools and
raise student achievement. Please share this invitation with your neighbors,
fellow PTA members, and PGCPS students.

I also need to hear from you as the Kirwan Commission finalizes its
recommendations. Our report, which will be released in just a couple
months, will likely have an impact on our public schools for decades, and I
want to ensure that your voice is heard as we consider raising teacher
salaries, expanding Pre-K, and providing additional funding & resources to
at-risk students. For updates on the work of the Kirwan Commission, click *HERE
<https://act.myngp.com/el/TbytfO4hCj0Lk8YYP9Lrufni3URsn34Yzaug7jlGpPQ=/8jEkexXHbDsPENom5iBaO_uIDIvEWn5oTU_AVGwePgU=>*
.

See you on October 29th!

Sincerely,

-Alonzo

Alonzo T. Washington
Maryland State Delegate

www.AlonzoWashington.com
<https://act.myngp.com/el/TbytfO4hCj0Lk8YYP9Lrufni3URsn34Yzaug7jlGpPQ=/58Pu-8GIGj105ugMpD5OUwnJFsDBWb4Im6siXOGM_yU=>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/TbytfO4hCj0Lk8YYP9Lrufni3URsn34Yzaug7jlGpPQ=/P9QFexKgV2YGufOtMG94rmW0YLFSeKid3vXhvd5fvuY=?lang=en>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/TbytfO4hCj0Lk8YYP9Lrufni3URsn34Yzaug7jlGpPQ=/hjDRx9PA1FiCDli4iC1a-Mm8w9AP5ijGD9ICgqQEWgI=>

<https://act.myngp.com/el/TbytfO4hCj0Lk8YYP9Lrufni3URsn34Yzaug7jlGpPQ=/7cS8i0FUihBJFOukoaMwstqwirUahlOiD9uXbkx7yQw=>
By Authority: Friends for Alonzo Washington, Cierra Washington, Treasurer

Friends for Alonzo Washington
P.O. Box 224
Hyattsville MD 20781 United States