[RP TownTalk] Promotion of Riverdale Park Day October 6th

Alan Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Sun Sep 30 16:34:36 UTC 2018

Hi Liz,

I forwarded your excellent suggestion to town staff.  The event has been publicized through postings on both FB and Twitter, but listing it as an event is a great idea!

As you may have heard, we are moving Riverdale Park Day to June, with the first one being next June (2019).  As Marianna noted in her original post, we have competition from College Park (which happens regularly) and, this year, the Port Towns.  Part of the reason to move it to June is to get away from that competition (the other part is that the town was established in June of 1920, and having a celebration near the town's "birthday" seems a good idea).

Best regards,

Alan