[RP TownTalk] Heads up

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 10:05:51 UTC 2019

 Might be nothing, but thought I'd post....  earlier this morning (was still dark) I was walking from my apartment up to the bus stop on Route 1.  As I passed under the EW highway bridge, I saw a slate colored 4 door sedan coming east on Queensbury; it looked like it was going to continue on Natoli along side the bridge (back to EW Highway), but then suddenly slowed down and pulled into the MARC parking lot on the east side.  Still had its lights on and when I started crossing into the parking lot, it slowly started backing up to where I was.  So I started to back up, didn't know what they were going to do.  When I backed up back to Lafayette (near Veterans Memorial), the car parked near the train crossing at the station and driver turned off the lights.  Instead of me crossing the tracks at the train station, thought I'd walk around Lafayette and cross the tracks at Queensbury.  When I started around, the car started up again, and then went around to the parking lot on the OTHER side of the tracks.  Drove slow, and then parked, turned out their lights.  At this point I was rather uneasy, and I decided to go back to my apartment - I started walking and when I got back to the EW Highway bridge, saw the car coming out of the parking lot, go slow for a minute, then take off down Queensbury Road.
It might not have been anything at all, but I thought it a bit odd; so I let the police know, just in case anyone else had seen someone in a slate colored sedan just "cruising" the area.  This day and age, never hurts to be a bit over-cautious.  Too, I was mugged and beat up some years ago, and have no desire to have the experience (or worse!) repeated.  As they used to say on Hill Street Blues, "Let's be careful out there."