[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 02:01:31 UTC 2019

Tomorrow : April 18th,  3-7PM

@: 6220 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Please join us tomorrow for perennial favorites, Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe,
Mystic Water Soap, and ECO City Farms. Don’t forget our new vendors,
Metropolitan Baking Company, 250 Texas BBQ, Cold Country Salmon, and more
to come.  We also look forward to our new startup coffee roaster, Southeastern
Roastery, brewing hot and serving cold brew on the premises.

Groff’s Content Farm is offering a delicious Coq au Vin recipe
<https://leitesculinaria.com/5399/recipes-julia-child-coq-au-vin.html> this
week. Get yours tomorrow from 3 to 7PM. Don’t forget there are plenty of
free range hen eggs available this week

We will offer a maximum of $5 in bonus money through Maryland Market Money
on EBT transactions until WIC season begins.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Ever Crisp, Fuji,
Nittany, Cameo, Ginger Gold, HoneyCrisp apples; free range hen eggs; fresh
apple cider, beets, carrots, regular cabbage?, collards, rainbow chard,
Dino, green & red bore kale, red & yellow onions, spinach, arugula & salad
mix, potatoes, sweet potatoes, swiss chard?, radishes and other crops while
they last.  Apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat
cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen & duck eggs, and more while we
enjoy the changing seasons.

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

Don’t forget the great local apples available at this time of year.

WEATHER: High of 76@ 3PM, sunny and breezy in the evening.. (according to
The Weather Channel).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content <http://groffscontentfarm.com/>Farm- Quail eggs
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard    <https://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   ECO City Farms <http://www.ecoffshoots.org/>
   -

   King Mushrooms    <https://www.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/>- ramps &
   fiddlehead ferns
   -

   Southeastern Roastery <https://www.facebook.com/southeasternroastery/>
   -

   *Mystic Water Soap <http://www.mysticwatersoap.com/>* - back for 2019.
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   Metropolitan Baking Company
   -

   I Confect <http://www.iconfect.com/>
   -

   Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe <https://simplepleasuresicecafe.vpweb.com/>
   -

   Cold Country Salmon <https://coldcountrysalmon.com/>
   -

   Twin Valley Distillers <http://tvdistillers.com/>
   -

   El Piquin Restaurant out of Baltimore
   <https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-piquin-restaurant-essex-2>
   -

   Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden <https://www.facebook.com/royandrt/> (really
   this time)
   -

   250 Texas BBQ    <https://www.yelp.com/biz/250-texas-bbq-riverdale-park>

Twin Valley Distillers comes back this week with Sangria and apricot liquer.

Music Acts: Miles Spicer

Kid Fun: Sidewalk chalk

Coming soon -

   -

   4/25 - Rosebud Estates - Cut flowers!!
   -

   4/25 - Jack Creek Plants -- Great selection of plants for many different
   uses.
   -

   5/2 - Pleitez Produce -- Great quality IPM produce from King George
   County, VA.
   -

   5/2? - Thornton River Orchard -- Great orchard out of Sperryville, VA

--
Thanks,

Jim Coleman
Ph: 3015865973