[RP TownTalk] Raising Your Challenging Child - Classes start 9/18 in Riverdale Park

Sarah Wayland wayland at guidingexceptionalparents.com
Thu Aug 29 03:28:56 UTC 2019

My next offering of Dr. Dan Shapiro's 10-session workshop Parent Child
Journey - An Individualized Approach to Raising Your Challenging Child
starts in just two weeks on Wednesday September 18th at 7:30 pm. Come meet
other caregivers of kids with behaviors of concern and learn different ways
of thinking about what is happening and how to help.

I'm also pleased to announce that Mona Delahooke, the author of Beyond
Behaviors, will be joining us by video for the October 7th meeting of our
Book Club.

Details below.

Sarah Wayland, Ph.D.
Parenting Coach
Special Needs Care Navigator
Relationship Development Intervention (RDI™) Consultant

** RAISING YOUR CHALLENGING CHILD

Dr. Dan Shapiro's parenting class for caregivers with challenging kids
Led by Sarah C. Wayland, Ph.D.

Get the year off to a great start! The Parent Child Journey - An
Individualized Approach to Raising Your Challenging Child (
http://www.parentchildjourney.com/)  program was created by Dr. Dan Shapiro
to help caregivers identify the source of their child’s challenging
behavior and learn what they can do about it. During each session, we will
discuss proactive strategies for raising children with difficult
temperaments and developmental differences. The emphasis is on customizing
the strategy to fit each child’s unique profile. Different children.
Different parents. Different approaches.

FALL 2019

Wednesday evenings
7:30 – 9:00 pm
* September 18, 25
* October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
* November 6, 13, 20

LOCATION
Law Offices of Michael Herman, Esq.
6801 Kenilworth Ave Suite #200
Riverdale Park, MD 20737

Cost: Pay what you can: $150 - $350
Starts in just 2 weeks!

Register (
https://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/event/fall-2019-parent-child-journey-raising-your-challenging-child/
)

** BOOK CLUB: BEYOND BEHAVIORS

Our quarterly book club meetings are a chance to connect and reconnect with
other parents while exploring a range of topics related to raising
children. Come to the book club ready to discuss what you learned while
reading the book selected for that session – what you liked, what was
useful, and what didn’t make sense. The book club meetings are highly
interactive with lots of discussion.

In October, Dr. Mona Delahooke, Ph.D. will join us as we discuss her new
book, Beyond Behaviors: Using Brain Science and Compassion to Understand
and Solve Children’s Behavioral Challenges. In Beyond Behaviors, Dr.
Delahooke describes behaviors as the tip of the iceberg, important signals
that we should address by seeking to understand a child’s individual
differences in the context of relational safety. This accessible book
offers professionals, educators and parents tools and techniques to reduce
behavioral challenges while promoting psychological resilience and
satisfying, secure relationships.

WHERE
Bethesda, Maryland (exact location will be provided when you register)

WHEN
Monday October 7th, 2019
7:30 to 9:00 pm

COST
Pay what you can: $10-$20
Register (https://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/maryland-book-clubs/)

** *
*Sarah Wayland, Ph.D.* | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<http://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families

Raising a child with behaviors of concern? Join other parents like you for
my class starting Wed September 18th in Riverdale Park: