[RP TownTalk] Middle and High School Recreational Rowing—Free try-it sessions!

Kate Kelly mrs.ahkelly at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 15:44:17 UTC 2019

This message comes from Washington Rowing School at Bladensburg Waterfront
Park. I would be delighted to talk with students or parents about this
terrific sport.
Kate Kelly

The Washington Rowing School will soon begin Fall 2019 Junior Crew Season.
This is a no experience necessary recreational program for middle and high
school boys and girls - meets Saturday and Sunday from 2 to 4:30 pm.
Practices are held at Bladensburg Waterfront Park.

Program starts Saturday September 7th and runs for 9 weekends - first
weekend is free "Try it Outs". Please encourage your children and neighbors
to try our fun sport and enjoy our beautiful Anacostia River.

As you know, rowing is injury free, all comers sport which you can enjoy
for your entire life.  Many youth, after participating in sports from
t-ball on, find themselves without athletic opportunities as they get older
and find their schools do not offer athletic opportunities for recreational
athletes. For "varsity" athletes rowing is a challenging, concussion-free
cross train.

Register at:
Try It Rowing - Juniors - Weekends
https://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=3742  under programs and
classes.
While you're there, check out our adult programs.

questions?
contact Marian Dombroski at 301 775 1191
or mdombros at gmail.com
Hope to see you on the water!

--
*Marian Dombroski, RA, LEED AP*