[RP TownTalk] Events at My Dead Aunts Books

Robert Harper Books robertharperbooks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 04:03:23 UTC 2019

Saturday Feb 2. 2 PM An Abundant Kitchen Exploring Vegetarian Cookery

The Suburban Hippie Reviews Our Plant Based Cook Books
The first in our series of curators, local blogger and food activist
Melinda Parkhurst delivers a fun flavorful, festive, fortuitous,
flirtatious fling with our cookbook collection.   FREE
My Dead Aunt's Books

Sat Feb 9th 7 PM
Celebrating the life and poetry of Langston Hughes.

Charles Williams "The Voice" presents his one act rendition of the life and
poetry of Langston Hughes. Accompanied by his collaborator at the Levine
school guitarist Gary Prince, we are in for a fine night of poetry, music
and story-telling. Reception will follow performance
$20 at door $18 in advance. Call 240-472-9325 to reserve.or purchase.
Come in to get tix this may be a standing room only affair,

Sunday Feb 10th 5PM
Linda Harris presents Just Jazz on Sundays
<https://www.facebook.com/events/322579461917111/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A5%2C%22action_history%22%3A[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22page%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22main_list%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A%22%5C%22[]%5C%22%22%7D]%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D>

Linda Harris and David Jernigan return with originals and classics.  $18
advance $20 at door.

Sat. Feb 16th 7PM
Noche Romantica Kristen Reed and Alex Martin

Noche Romántica, a Night of Latin American Song
Nestle in for an intimate evening of acoustic Latin American songs of the
last century, as well as original compositions by vocalist Kristen Reed and
guitarist Alex Martin. Special guest artists join in the fun for the second
set.
$12

Fri. Feb 22 8 PM
Folk Friday with Dan & Faith and Paint Branch Creek
Doors at 7:45 $15 Cover for two great groups.

Dan and Faith are a New England-based husband and wife singer-songwriter
duo who describe their music as dream-inspired folk. Daniel Senie (guitar,
banjo, harmonica, vocals) and Faith Senie (mandolin, bass, ukulele,
dulcimer, vocals) tap into dreams and everyday life in crafting their
original songs.

https://www.danandfaith.com/
<https://www.danandfaith.com/?fbclid=IwAR3XcQYRdFHxLY_Pnf8Ip4pJ6OWKuvqZsJ9i-yVulJgF5saWVBWHs-W44bU>

Local favorites Paint Branch Creek, featuring musicians Eric Maring,
Allison Hughes, Greg Heelan, Patrick Lynch and Arun Ivatury, with lyrics by
Eric Olson, is an acoustic musical collaboration rooted firmly in
Americana. The group’s original songs conjure visions of America - night
shifts and mill towns; prairie lands and open road. Some reflect on where
we've been, some question where we're going, and some just linger on old
memories.

https://paintbranchcreek.com/
<https://paintbranchcreek.com/?fbclid=IwAR02tSmhH9TErgcjyciYGDnpXCrwKaVsL3tkk220K6Wo3j0bNgy3JXdfZ2w>

We have really worked to bring some talent here to Hyattsville.  This is
your chance to show them your support for the local music scene.

MY DEAD AUNTS BOOKS is now a proud corporate sponsor of WAMU our NPR radio
station at 88.5 FM.  Listen for our promotions on the station this
weekend.

If you hear the ad come in and tell us and get a 10% discount on your
purchase.

SAVING THE BOOKS and MUSIC  in Arts District Hyattsville.

Bob Harper
My Dead Aunt's Books
Inside Tanglewood Works <http://tanglewoodworks.com>
5132 Baltimore Ave.