[RP TownTalk] Spring HY-Swap: April 6th

Sara Bendoraitis sbendo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:31:28 UTC 2019

The Spring ‘19 Hy-Swap is on and scheduled for Saturday, April 6 from
12:30-2pm at the Hyattsville Municipal Building (4310 Gallatin Street).  Spring
’19 will be our 7th stand alone swap and it has become an awesome community
tradition. So start getting your surplus items ready!

Mark your calendars and note the time change from prior swaps. We will
again host a preview reception for new and expecting parents, as well as
volunteers, on the Friday eve (April 5th) before the swap.

*New to the Swap?*

Hy-Swap is a community exchange of infant, children’s and maternity
clothing, gear, and toys, organized by local parents and open to
Hyattsville around families, neighbors, family and friends. Items in usable
condition are dropped off (sorted or not) at volunteers’ houses over
several weeks before the main event. Our fantastic team of volunteers sorts
everything and then we set up a pop-up boutique and you can “shop the
swap”.

Check out HY-Swap online at www.hy-swap.com and follow us on social media for
more info, including FAQs, links to articles on pasts swaps, and an
illustrated guide to the swap.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HYSwap/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1758036081184909/> Twitter:
https://twitter.com/HySwap
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hyswap/

The HY-Swap Spring ’19 team is starting to assemble, so stay tuned for
updates.  We’ll collect donations from Sunday, Feb. 10 to Sunday, March 25,
and you can find the drop site locations by emailing hyswap at gmail.com

If you are interested in volunteering, send an email to hyswap at gmail dot
com, or visit our website at www.hy-swap.com.  This is an all-volunteer
operation and help is welcome to sort, set-up, host, and breakdown.
Benefits of volunteering include a lot of fun and mom camaraderie, plus an
opportunity to pick a few items during sorting and shopping the preview
reception.

Looking forward to a fabulous spring swap!
The HY-Swap Team