[RP TownTalk] new restaurants: an embarrassment of riches....

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 15:11:30 UTC 2019

Oooh, didn't know about Marco and Polo, thanks for the tip!  I also checked out Banana Blossom on opening night; the pho was soooooo good!  I was telling the manager about the place that used to be there (you called it the "biker bar?"  (smile) (and yes, I remember that!).  Said it looks MUCH nicer, now!  Am also waiting for the La Riveria to open in S&J's old location.  Yes, lots of variety in food choices in the area; let's not forget Shagga on Route 1, and Chez Dior in Hyattsville, if anyone wants African food. The Washington Post gave both places good reviews.  And if you're like me and you want to try to prepare some of the dishes you eat at these restaurants, I would recommend going to New Grande Market in Langley Park.  It's near Riggs and University Boulevard.  It's where the old Hechinger warehouse used to be (depending on how old you are and  how long you've lived around here, you'll know where that is).  Lots of ingredients from Asia, India, Mideast, Hispanic groceries, etc.  AND if you're like me and don't drive, if you get $50 or more in groceries, you can get a free ride home.
Thanks again for the info about Marco and Polo, will definitely give them a try!