[RP TownTalk] RpBA Meeting Wednesday , 6 pm, Town Hall

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 04:59:19 UTC 2019

*RIVERDALE PARK BUSINESS ASSOCIATION MEETING*

WHEN:            WEDNESDAY, FEB. 13, 2019

TIME:                6 pm ET

WHERE:           TOWN HALL, 5008 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737

PURPOSE:        Reorganization Meeting, Building a Better Business Future
for Greater Riverdale

The officers of the RPBA will hold a meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 6 pm
to reorganize Riverdale Park’s business organization with the intention of
expanding its reach while focusing its purpose. All Riverdale area – that
includes businesses operating in and around greater Riverdale Park and
Riverdale including U.S. Route 1 and the Kenilworth Avenue corridor – are
encouraged to join in this process.

“Our intention is to broaden our scope and expand membership while bringing
together area business owners,” said RPBA Vice President Michael Herman,
Esq. “This is a meeting for us to p[ut our house in order and lay the
foundation for building a bright and successful business future in greater
Riverdale.”

Herman, who will lead Wednesday’s meeting, said there will be “no special
speakers, no town officials. This is about who and what we are.” He said
the group will be tasked with creation of committees that will produce
advertising and marketing brochures, update and relaunch a website, build
membership, and create community outreach programs. Herman said the meeting
will last no more than 90 minutes and will also entertain a proposal to
rebrand the organization.

RPBA meets on the second Wednesday of the month and expects to launch a
robust monthly special speakers program beginning in March. The group also
intends to launch a business meeting roadshow, conducting its meetings in
various area and inviting business owners and managers to showcase their
operations to the business community.

--
Jeffrey Yorke
Yorke Property Management, Inc.