[RP TownTalk] Specialty Programs school lottery now open

Alice Ewen alice.c.ewen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:45:37 UTC 2019

The Prince George's County Public School specialty programs lottery
application period for next fall is now open. Applications are being
accepted now until March 12.

*https://specialty.pgcps.org <https://specialty.pgcps.org>*

Important to note:  In order to enter the lottery, you will need to get a
student ID number for your child at your local elementary school (for most
of us, that is Riverdale Elementary.) You will need to bring
identification, and proof of residence such as your mortgage or lease, and
birth certificate for your child.

(I'm happy to talk offlist to anyone interested in Robert Goddard
Montessori, which my son attends. Note, the application for Montessori is
EARLY - starts at age 3.)

This is the entrance process for any of the following schools:

*Program Name*

*Grade(s)*

*Entrance Criteria*

Creative and Performing Arts
<https://www1.pgcps.org/lottery/index.aspx?id=203319>

K-5

Age 5 by September 1 (Kindergarten) or
Age 6 by September 1 (1st grade)

French Immersion <https://www1.pgcps.org/lottery/index.aspx?id=203410>
<https://www1.pgcps.org/lottery/index.aspx?id=203410>

K only

Age 5 by September 1

Montessori <https://www1.pgcps.org/lottery/index.aspx?id=203412>

PreK

Age 3 or 4 by September 1

K-8

Must be currently enrolled in a full-day certified Montessori school
Age 5 by September 1 (Kindergarten) or
Age 6 by September 1 (1st grade)

Spanish Immersion/Dual Language
<https://www1.pgcps.org/lottery/index.aspx?id=203418>