[RP TownTalk] Cutting the cable cord advice

Marianna Previti mariannarose at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 28 15:27:08 UTC 2019

Hi Everyone,
 I am a TV addict but definitely not addicted to the high price that I pay for cable or FiOS. I am wondering if anyone has had any success in our area with getting a strong digital signal from an antenna. I have read that the specific antenna you purchase and the area in which you live (how close the broadcasting towers are) has a lot to do with how many channels you receive and with what strength you receive them.
In the hopes of saving money,  I have recently ordered Sling TV, and can watch it through my fire stick. Additionally, sling sent me an HD antenna but when I’ve scanned for channels I’ve had extremely disappointing results. Most of the time the TV pauses and the picture is scrambled.
 When you have Sling with the fire stick (or Amazon prime or Netflix or Hulu) you don’t have the luxury of channel surfing. Maybe it’s because I’m an old lady, but I really enjoy channel surfing – having an array of TV watching possibilities in front of you at a given time has a specific couch potato quality to it for me... Yes, I am a real TV junkie.
So perhaps my problem cannot be solved and I will either have to deal with paying a ridiculous price for cable or watch TV in a manner in which I am not yet accustomed to...Anyway, advice from any locals who have hacked a good, old fashioned TV watching experience for a low price, would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Marianna Previti
Sent from my iPhone