[RP TownTalk] 7-Eleven sign: Planning Board Hearing Thursday

Alan Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Sat Mar 2 22:51:10 UTC 2019

I recently found out that there will be a County Planning Board hearing on the 7-Eleven monument sign (Special Permit SP-150003-01) this Thursday, 3/7, starting at 9:30 am.

The Riverdale Park M-U-TC Local Design Review Committee recommended denial of the request, and the Town Council wrote a strong letter in opposition (which you can read at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaxqfo9gg1znpwk/Town%20of%20Riverdale%20Park%20response%20to%20Special%20Permit%20Request%20%28SP-150003-01%29....pdf?dl=0 ).

Unfortunately (to say the least), Planning Board staff are recommending approval of the special permit.  You can find the materials associated with that recommendation at the bottom of the page at http://mncppc.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=1482

I am unable to be at the meeting because of a work conflict, but our Town Manager will be there to testify in opposition, and as I understand it University Park Mayor Len Carey and their Town Attorney will also be there to testify against approval.

If anyone wants to speak at the meeting, you will need to sign up when you arrive.  There may be time limits, and you can submit written testimony in addition to spoken.

Planning Board hearings are in the First Floor Hearing Room of the County Administration Building, 14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive, Upper Marlboro, MD 20772.

I can answer any questions anyone has - please feel free to reach out.

Alan

--

Alan K. Thompson, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park