[RP TownTalk] FJC Update and Call for Farmers Market Volunteers

Sarah Combs sarahswalk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 21:40:17 UTC 2019

Hi Folks,

The Food Justice Coalition of 20743 is gearing up for the 2019 Farmers
Market in Capital Heights! They learned a lot last year and are looking
forward to improving and expanding the effort beginning in June. They need
volunteers of all ages to help them continue educating and engaging the
community in reclaiming the Food System in this Food Swamp just a few miles
south of us in Prince Georges. Here's an exciting update:

We've just secured space in Capitol Heights near the metro station which
sees about 2,000 passengers a day! Big thanks to Kyle Reeder and
Councilwoman Elaine Williams for helping us make this happen!!

We'll need support for the market, including champions who can help with
fundraising, volunteers to run it, and youth to intern with us this summer.
If you want to be part of that effort, please email Chloe Marshall directly
at FJC20743 at gmail.com <FJC20743 at gmail.com>

The next community meeting is Tuesday, March 19th at 6 pm at Everlasting
Life:
9185 Central Ave. Capitol Heights, MD 20743

Future meetings will be held on the 2nd Tuesdays of the month at the same
location. All are welcome to come out and learn more about the market,
other Food Justice efforts in progress, and ways you can help.

Learn more about FJC and their mission here:
https://www.foodjusticecoalition.com/

Best,
Sarah