[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 02:21:08 UTC 2019

Tomorrow : March 14th,  3-7PM

@: 6220 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Please join us tomorrow for legendary brisket, BBQ sauce & pickled onions
and pulled pork from 250TexasBBQ.  We also look forward to our new startup
coffee roaster, Southeastern Roastery, brewing on the premises.

Groff’s Content Farm is offering great lamb shoulder that works for this
traditional Irish Stew.
<http://www.donalskehan.com/recipes/angies-skehan-family-irish-stew/> Fresh
duck parts this week for all of our duck aficionados. Get yours tomorrow
from 3 to 7PM. Here’s a recipe for duck breast that looks delicious.
<https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2018/02/pan-seared-duck-breast.html>

We’re also welcoming back locally prepared delicious freshly cooked and
smoked barbecue by 250 Texas BBQ. They are offering their great brisket
this week. Many items will be available including: fresh smoked cheddar
sausage, Brisket, turkey, or Pulled Pork sandwiches, coleslaw, potato
salad, brisket beans, hot chocolate and cold horchata. It’s the last week
of rice pudding. They are the real deal folks.

Please join us in welcoming our new neighbors to the neighborhood, Riviera
Tapas Bar & Banana Blossom Cafe to Riverdale Park. It’s great to see new
and exciting businesses in our Town Center.

We will offer a maximum of $5 in bonus money through Maryland Market Money
on EBT transactions until WIC season begins.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Ever Crisp, Crimson
Jonagold, Fuji, Nittany, Ginger Gold, HoneyCrisp apples; free range hen
eggs; fresh apple cider, beets, carrots, regular cabbage?, collards?, Dino,
green & red bore kale, red & yellow onions, spinach, arugula & salad mix,
potatoes, sweet potatoes, swiss chard?, winter squash and other crops while
they last.  Apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat
cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen & duck eggs, and more while we
enjoy the changing seasons.

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

Don’t forget the great local apples available at this time of year.

WEATHER: High of 68 (yeah baby!) @ 3PM partly cloudy & a little breezy in
the evening.. (according to The Weather Channel).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm <http://groffscontentfarm.com/>
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard <https://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   King Mushrooms <https://www.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/>
   -

   Southeastern Roastery <https://www.facebook.com/southeasternroastery/>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   I Confect - What’s your confection?
   -

   El Piquin Restaurant
   -

   Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden <https://www.facebook.com/royandrt/> (really
   this time)
   -

   250 Texas BBQ <https://www.yelp.com/biz/250-texas-bbq-riverdale-park>
   -

   Pearl Fine Teas??

Music Acts: Probably not but it won't be long now...

Kid Fun: Sidewalk chalk