[RP TownTalk] RPFarmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 13:24:38 UTC 2019

Today : March 28th,  3-7PM

@: 6220 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Please join us tomorrow for a pop-up guest spot for Cold Country Salmon,
freshly made smoked mushroom sandwiches, fresh sausage, brisket, BBQ sauce
& pickled onions, pasture raised beef short ribs , spicy cheddar sausage on
the side and pulled pork from 250TexasBBQ.  We also look forward to our new
startup coffee roaster, Southeastern Roastery, brewing on the premises.

Groff’s Content Farm is offering a great taco meat recipe with their ground
beef <https://houseofyumm.com/best-ever-taco-meat/> this week. Get yours
tomorrow from 3 to 7PM. Don’t forget there are plenty of free range hen
eggs available this week

Please join us in welcoming our new neighbors to the neighborhood, Riviera
Tapas Bar & Banana Blossom Cafe to Riverdale Park. It’s great to see new
and exciting businesses in our Town Center.

We will offer a maximum of $5 in bonus money through Maryland Market Money
on EBT transactions until WIC season begins.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Ever Crisp, Crimson
Jonagold, Fuji, Nittany, Ginger Gold, HoneyCrisp apples; free range hen
eggs; fresh apple cider, beets, carrots, regular cabbage?, collards?, Dino,
green & red bore kale, red & yellow onions, spinach, arugula & salad mix,
potatoes, sweet potatoes, swiss chard?, radishes and other crops while they
last.  Apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese,
exotic mushrooms, free range hen & duck eggs, and more while we enjoy the
changing seasons.

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

Don’t forget the great local apples available at this time of year.

WEATHER: High of 60 @ 3PM & breezy in the evening.. (according to The
Weather Channel).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm    <http://groffscontentfarm.com/>
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard    <https://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   King Mushrooms        <https://www.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/>
   -

   Southeastern Roastery <https://www.facebook.com/southeasternroastery/>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   I Confect
   -

   Cold Country Salmon
   -

   Twin Valley Distillers
   -

   El Piquin Restaurant
   -

   Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden <https://www.facebook.com/royandrt/> (really
   this time)
   -

   250 Texas BBQ    <https://www.yelp.com/biz/250-texas-bbq-riverdale-park>

Twin Valley Distillers comes back this week with Sangria and apricot liquer.

Music Acts: Probably not due to cold until we get our cold weather setup
under control

Kid Fun: Sidewalk chalk
--
Thanks,