[RP TownTalk] $10 tickets TONIGHT ONLY to Dhana and the Rosebuds

Joes Movement Emporium joesmovement at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 18:04:10 UTC 2019

|   |

|  Valerie Fenton as Julia, Dina Soltan as Dhana, Anika Harden as Allison
Photography by Angelisa Gillyard  |

$10 TICKETS TONIGHT ONLY!
Special performance tonight for our neighbors in the Gateway Arts District and colleagues in the DC Theatre Community
Monday November 11th 8PM  |

|  $10 TICKETS HERE  |

|  Home.
When do you leave home?
Have you ever been forced to leave home?
What reminds you of home?

As war, violence, and the climate crisis continue to force people around the world to migrate and leave their homes behind, Dhana and the Rosebuds explores these themes through a poetic lens. Dance, movement, and sound reveal the intimate history of Dhana - a young Syrian woman, now a career scientist living in New York - who forgot about her past. When she thinks she sees her estranged grandmother on television among the refugees crossing the border in the Balkans, she decides to go and find her.   Join Ally this November for a spiritual journey into place and time as Dhana makes her way to the heart of the migration emergency - across oceans, through refugee camps, bus and train stations - to find her grandmother, her roots, and ultimately herself.

Dhana and The Rosebuds Devised and Created by Federica Cellini
Based on a screenplay by Federica Cellini and Giulia Corda
with Assistant Direction by Allison Frisch

Featuring: Dina Soltan, Valerie Fenton*, Jane Petkofsky**, Mariam Hathor, Anika Harden, Lauren Kieler, Natasha Preston, and Chelsea Thaler
*Appearing through an Agreement between Ally Theatre Company and Actors' Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.
**Artistic Ally

Costume Design by Jessica Utz
Lighting Design by Jennifer Leon
Sound Design by Asia-Twi McCallum
Fight and Intimacy Choreography by Chris Niebling
Props Design and Set Dressing by Ty Hallmark and Matt Ripa with assistance from Matthew Keenan, Christian Sullivan, Gustavo Trejo, the cast and directing team
Production Manager: Alex Davis
Stage Manager: Jayla Felder
Production Stage Manager: Shannon Saulnier    |

|  NOVEMBER 1-23 2019
Only at Ally, only at Joe's
General Admission: $25
Students/Seniors/Veterans/Teachers $17
Friday and Saturday at 8PM
Sunday at 4PM
Saturday November 9 and 23 at 2PM
Thursday November 15 and 21 at 8PM
Special Performance Monday November 11th at 8PM (Tickets just $10)  |

|   |

|  Dhana and the Rosebuds highlights one woman's love for her grandmother as Dhana searches across Europe for her Sham. Before or after the show, we invite you to stop by our table outside the theatre and leave a note in honor or memory of yours.   |

|  |  |

|  |
VOICES UNHEARD, SPACES UNSEEN

Ally Theatre Company produces theatre designed to engage audiences through acknowledging and confronting systemi...

|    |

|  Neena Narayanan
 Marketing Director at  Joe's Movement Emporium  |

|    |

|  A   3309 Bunker Hill Road | Mr. Rainier, MD  |

|   P   301-699-1819 Ex 104     |

|neena at joesmovement.org     |

|   W   www.joesmovement.org     |

|   |