[RP TownTalk] SPECIAL THANKSGIVING REQUEST FROM RPBA PREZ MIKE HERMAN, ESQ.

Jeffrey Yorke WashingtonInk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 23:28:42 UTC 2019

Dear Friends and Fellow Business Leaders:

As the President of the Riverdale Park Business Association, I am proud of
what our local businesses have done and continue to do for the residents of
this community.  As many of you know, the Alamo Mexican Restaurant, in
tandem with the Christian Life Center on Taylor Road, and other area
churches, have for 18 years been hosting a Thanksgiving Dinner at the Alamo
for hundreds of our local residents who would otherwise not have a
Thanksgiving Dinner.  Sadly, some of the grant funds have dried up this
year, which has forced the organizers to scale back this worthy program
this year (Hope to relaunch the former program in 2020).

As a result, the Christian Life Center will be doing a holiday family
basket giveaway with turkey and all the extras.  The cost of each of these
packages will be about $20 to assemble.  The goal is to giveaway 200-250 of
these packages to needy families in our community.  The Town of Riverdale
Park has offered a small amount for this endeavor.  My law firm has
contributed $250 for this event, and I am hoping you will match our
efforts.  The unmet need to fulfill this giveaway is still almost $4,000.

As a way to show our Thanks during this holiday season, I am asking each
and every business to consider making a small contribution to make this
program successful.  I am asking you to consider matching my
contribution.  If 15 businesses can step up, the church, and its Pastor Ben
Slye, will be able to pull off this act of generosity without using the
church’s resources which are used to help support the local food bank.

Sadly, the urgency is upon all of us to act quickly.  The giveaway will
take place this Saturday, November 23, 2019 at the Christian Life Center at
5600 Taylor Road, Riverdale Park, MD.

You may contact Pastor Slye on his cell at 301-404-0515.  You may reach him
by email at pastorbenslye at verizon.net.  They call also receive funds
through the cash app at $clcriverdalepark.  Please consider making this
tax-deductible contribution.  You can also join us for the giveaway as a
volunteer on Saturday.

Thanks for your consideration and happy holidays.

Michael Herman, President

Riverdale Park Business Association