[RP TownTalk] reducing default speed limit on town streets to 20mph

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 14:26:38 UTC 2019

I've actually been thinking for some time that re-instituting the Traffic
Committee would be a good idea.

And Adrian - as I understand it, enforcement is part of the issue.
Apparently judges will not uphold a ticket unless the speed is clocked to
be at least 10mph over the posted speed limit. So if we want the speed to
be 30mph, we have to set the posted speed at 20mph to make the tickets
enforceable.

That said, I agree that having a police car monitoring speed on Lafayette
during rush hour a couple of times per month would send a message that we
are serious about the stop signs and posted speed limit. Even if the
officers just wrote warnings...

-Sarah

***

*Sarah Wayland, Ph.D.* | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<https://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families

Raising a child with behaviors of concern? Join other parents like you for
my class starting Wed September 18th in Riverdale Park:
*https://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/event/fall-2019-parent-child-journey-raising-your-challenging-child/
<https://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/event/fall-2019-parent-child-journey-raising-your-challenging-child/>*