[RP TownTalk] Traffic issues, continued

Claire Gowen claire.gowen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:28:30 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I wanted to chime in on the traffic issues post. As a previous commenter
mentioned, the town has installed an electronic speed monitor on
Longfellow. I'm glad that seems to be helping on the 4800 block, but I also
live on Longfellow, on the 4700 block, and it has done little to curb the
speeding and running of stop signs on the 4800 block.

The issues are compounded because cars frequently park well within the 3
foot margin from our driveway - many days on both sides - and there is no
enforcement of this ordinance unless we call the police. And even when we
do call the police when someone has parked too close or blocked our
driveway (which is pretty much every weekday), it's hard to get them to
write a ticket (I can write a separate post about that, but that's a whole
other issue).

I can't safely pull out of my driveway because I can't see well enough
around the cars that are parked too close to know if cars are coming, and
because people constantly run the stop signs on either end of the block and
gun their engine down this short stretch of road. What is it going to take
to get some enforcement?

Claire