[RP Town Announce] List migration going well...

Alan K. Thompson webmaster at ci.riverdale-park.md.us
Sat Aug 12 19:18:41 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I made the transition to the new server at about midnight last night,
and as of this morning my mails were going to the correct server.  I
believe I transferred everyone's addresses and account preferences
over in one piece.  I will not know until other people start posting
again how completely the change has gone.

There are a few minor things that changed as part of the transition.

The first is that the web addresses for the lists have changed.  These
are mostly used for subscribing, unsubscribing, and changing account
preferences.  You can get to the right place by clicking through for a
given list from http://riverdale-park.org/mailman/listinfo

The password for all accounts have changed, but you can click the
"Remind" button on the web interface to have it sent to your e-mail
address.  If you have any problems with this please contact me
directly (webmaster at ci.riverdale-park.md.us).

Finally, the address for the "RP Town Announce" list changed from
town-announce at riverdale-park.org to townannounce at riverdale-park.org
(it lost a dash).  This brings it into line with the names of the
other two town lists.  Very few people post to that list, but if you
have configured your anti-spam software to allow posts through, you
may need to change this.

If anyone is having issues with the lists, however minor, or knows of
anyone having issues with the lists, please contact me directly with
the information you have so I can try to fix the problem.  Part of the
reason for this migration was to be able to have more control over the
list software, and we can put that control to good use.

I would like to thank list member Bruce Embrey for some helpful
suggestions on making a smooth transition -- he told me about some
features of the list management software that would make my job easier
and annoy list members less, for which we should all be grateful.

Sincerely,

Alan Thompson
Listmaster and Acting Webmaster
Town of Riverdale Park