[RP Town Announce] West Nile Seen in Mosquito Traps in Riverdale Park

Alan Thompson webmaster at ci.riverdale-park.md.us
Mon Aug 21 22:47:04 UTC 2006

Mosquito traps in Riverdale Park
Test positive for West Nile.

Two mosquito traps were placed in Riverdale Park by the Maryland
Department of Agriculture
                   4600 block of Tuckerman
                   5500 block of Taylor Road
Test results returned positive for the West Nile virus.  MDA will
increase the spraying of mosquito from once a week to three times a
week.  Our scheduled day for spraying is Tuesdays- our spraying now
will be Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays.  Residents are being asked
to inspect their property for any water-holding containers:
Tires
Kiddies pool – not in use
Buckets, barrels or cans
Wheelbarrows, canoes or boats
Tarps where water can puddle
Flower pots or saucers under pots
Code Enforcement will be conducting yard inspections.
If you have any questions or are unsure how to conduct a yard
inspection call the Code Enforcement Department, both Inspectors were
trained by Department of Agriculture and will be able to assist you.

Remember the tip or toss rule.

Tip it over or Toss it out!