[RP Town Announce] FW: County Zoning Ordinance Rewrite Update

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Fri Aug 31 13:04:41 UTC 2018

[http://files.constantcontact.com/6c25804e001/3d249483-a567-4670-9b34-d1ebc9f09a78.jpg]

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY COUNCIL CONTINUES ITS LEGISLATIVE PROCESS TO ADOPT A NEW, 21ST CENTURY ZONING ORDINANCE

The legislative process to develop new and modern Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulations, and provide important tools to facilitate the implementation of the Plan Prince George’s 2035 General Plan and other County policy goals resumes when the County Council reconvenes September 4th.

The new Zoning Ordinance aims to streamline procedures, reduce obstacles to achieving the economic development goals of the County, enhance utility and user-friendliness, encourage appropriate input into the development review process, consolidate and simplify zones and uses, and incentivize development at targeted growth locations.

Committee of the Whole work sessions will be scheduled in September to further the discussion and review amendments to proposed Zoning Ordinance Rewrite legislation before the bills are considered for introduction and scheduled for a final public hearing.
Please check the County Council Calendars and Agendas<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001F74ya1sNQV4yr1iPcG2CwA2zHneBbec3z0P90R3YAPcNEzRKEMPo0EEvn5OyB16y7DCpDxtnqzI28Cu-9iIvwbx7BY5WpfJLLxZLGbR3QmKK1GiUJpoiSpdXe9vYwYOF2QcxcqNScI8g_bXSMOLATmjZrTGDRQlNpSdQZomJFUPY6uLySrT2AZsQLUsfV6r1&c=gh-jTtltbEx5YDcQ_mT9UGgvAoERRUEI9TcmZ0DFSbHbOxAatudvOQ==&ch=GZXRSycYhryJXliZnHT1EkPhLnIkQul1pPIK_Khta875bD1tyhX_IA==> online prior to Council sessions scheduled for September 4th; September 11th; September 18th; and September 25th, for meeting details. Public comments on amendments to proposed zoning legislation reviewed in the Committee of Whole will be taken.

COUNCIL ADDS NEW BILL TO PROPOSED ZONING ORDINANCE REWRITE LEGISLATIVE PACKAGE – LANDSCAPE MANUAL REVISION

A new bill, CB-065-2018<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001F74ya1sNQV4yr1iPcG2CwA2zHneBbec3z0P90R3YAPcNEzRKEMPo0EEvn5OyB16yXxowoHEKojgSBgLlv34ItV8JBtYAb07RaqGY_JM97n2dNyxPHv251Hjr-oIN4sV5cU-MmnxBFGp0vMid2hELyceNQIuK5AzFIZWNWXxSAdcSEGDWDpvAEowlZNz7u--7MMQfb7HRFR_JfOBGVi4JvOsiWuodNblEBkoohT-oWWPIXa_4RSdNdJNog3YyZTYq7zaWvOa-QiQZP8nIGYO_CkhWikfyAK-WCy2oRO1Q3l81hrQKXS54CRROi3DIfRoAxLQE-Y9lI9-dCEHri2wypKrFFS_9fc9fT0RBWP-mo2U=&c=gh-jTtltbEx5YDcQ_mT9UGgvAoERRUEI9TcmZ0DFSbHbOxAatudvOQ==&ch=GZXRSycYhryJXliZnHT1EkPhLnIkQul1pPIK_Khta875bD1tyhX_IA==>, has been added to the proposed Zoning Ordinance Rewrite legislative package. This bill seeks to revise the County’s outdated Landscape Manual and incorporates modern and sustainable landscaping practices with a variety of approaches to ensure context-sensitive landscaping of urban, suburban, and rural areas; replaces two obsolete Sections with new Sections focused on building frontage landscaping standards and requirements for nonresidential and mixed-use development; and updates planting schedules to reflect current industry standards regarding appropriate native species. Please visit the Council’s Zoning Ordinance Rewrite Portal<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001F74ya1sNQV4yr1iPcG2CwA2zHneBbec3z0P90R3YAPcNEzRKEMPo0EEvn5OyB16yqYVBJ_zo31nOUI2W4yueQFr2I6s99F5fRgdqPa4zN6orKYZqkka-8Tsv2Q18pDHNvn7rL9ktbI2I_Isf9FyeDWlY7wp09qhTmGfCSiPtl79IL25I-Zk4x2Jx0Yb1938x&c=gh-jTtltbEx5YDcQ_mT9UGgvAoERRUEI9TcmZ0DFSbHbOxAatudvOQ==&ch=GZXRSycYhryJXliZnHT1EkPhLnIkQul1pPIK_Khta875bD1tyhX_IA==> to view the entire proposed legislative package, including the new Landscape Manual bill.

STAY ENGAGED – KEEP YOUR COMMENTS COMING!

Thanks to every stakeholder participating in this legislative process! The Council greatly appreciates your partnership and engagement in our joint effort to plan future development in Prince George’s County, and we encourage your continued partnership and participation.

Interested in speaking or providing written comments on proposed Zoning Ordinance Rewrite legislation?  Please note that Friday, August 31st is the deadline for submitting public comments online<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001F74ya1sNQV4yr1iPcG2CwA2zHneBbec3z0P90R3YAPcNEzRKEMPo0EEvn5OyB16yqYVBJ_zo31nOUI2W4yueQFr2I6s99F5fRgdqPa4zN6orKYZqkka-8Tsv2Q18pDHNvn7rL9ktbI2I_Isf9FyeDWlY7wp09qhTmGfCSiPtl79IL25I-Zk4x2Jx0Yb1938x&c=gh-jTtltbEx5YDcQ_mT9UGgvAoERRUEI9TcmZ0DFSbHbOxAatudvOQ==&ch=GZXRSycYhryJXliZnHT1EkPhLnIkQul1pPIK_Khta875bD1tyhX_IA==> and via email<mailto:ZOR at co.pg.md.us>.<mailto:ZOR at co.pg.md.us>    After that date, please forward all comments directly to:

the Clerk of the Council, County Administration Building, Second Floor, 14741 Governor Oden Bowie Dr., Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772,
or contact the Clerk at 301.952.3600.
You should also contact the Clerk of the Council to sign up to speak<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001F74ya1sNQV4yr1iPcG2CwA2zHneBbec3z0P90R3YAPcNEzRKEMPo0EEvn5OyB16yLYh_XXCsEPH-K6-3w4PLb9S8iCrC6IfrsT2hKRKo4ScSsYPMD1Aja0T8XN3Q2QrO_Q7b6Yz9dY1-gmVlQe_IaTAJ9urW-P6M9TQ4eGI11MQ=&c=gh-jTtltbEx5YDcQ_mT9UGgvAoERRUEI9TcmZ0DFSbHbOxAatudvOQ==&ch=GZXRSycYhryJXliZnHT1EkPhLnIkQul1pPIK_Khta875bD1tyhX_IA==>. Find all details online.<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001F74ya1sNQV4yr1iPcG2CwA2zHneBbec3z0P90R3YAPcNEzRKEMPo0EEvn5OyB16yqYVBJ_zo31nOUI2W4yueQFr2I6s99F5fRgdqPa4zN6orKYZqkka-8Tsv2Q18pDHNvn7rL9ktbI2I_Isf9FyeDWlY7wp09qhTmGfCSiPtl79IL25I-Zk4x2Jx0Yb1938x&c=gh-jTtltbEx5YDcQ_mT9UGgvAoERRUEI9TcmZ0DFSbHbOxAatudvOQ==&ch=GZXRSycYhryJXliZnHT1EkPhLnIkQul1pPIK_Khta875bD1tyhX_IA==>

M-NCPPC | 14741 Governor Oden Bowie Dr., Upper Marlboro, MD 20772

About our service provider<http://www.constantcontact.com/legal/service-provider?cc=about-service-provider>

Sent by zoningpgc at ppd.mncppc.org<mailto:zoningpgc at ppd.mncppc.org> in collaboration with

[Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.]<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge>

Try it free today<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge>